Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am looking at changing to the iPhone 16GB and currently on O2.

Do I buy from EBay and do a SIM only tariff @ £22.50 per month (£15 + 7.50 bolt-on for unlimited data) or sign up for a 18 month contract with O2?

If I go EBay (or other source) then do I have to worry about the phone getting locked back to O2 again on future upgrades?

IF Apple introduce the 3G Iphone, what percentage of the £400 initial cost would I expect to get back selling a 6 month old iPhone on EBay?

Or do I wait for the 3G version sometime in the distant future and go contract with O2 then?

·
Registered
989 Posts
Rumours point to a June launch for the iphone 3G. If could wait, maybe sensible to do so. Otherwise, safer to go with an O2 contract, as Apple will launch the v2.0 of the iPhone operating system which is likely to bring lots of enhancements, and the O2 locked phone ought to update to seamlessly.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
I voted to wait for the 3G version - only because that's what I'm doing at the moment, the general opinion is that the 3G version will be out in about May/June but I have read that there are rumors that iPhones are now out of stock in New York and are not being reordered, bringing people to believe that it could be released as soon as sometime in April. :eek:

Can't see it myself but you never know with Apple.

Graham

·
Registered
9,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As a follow on I have purchased for £378 at 16GB from the ebay seller recommended by Barton.

By "downing" my O2 tariff to £22.50 per month I break even after only 4 months, so have the option of selling and buying a 3G iPhone at a later date.

Thanks for everyones help.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Love_iTT said:
I have read that there are rumors that iPhones are now out of stock in New York
There were certainly no shortages last weekend in the 5th Avenue store... :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.