Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have the Audi ipod connector in my glovebox, but no "i" products. Could you advise what ones will fit onto the docking station - I'm due to change phones soon, so an iphone would be good, but otherwise will look into Nano or Classic etc.
Thanks,

DoctorW.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,053 Posts
DoctorW said:
Hi,

I have the Audi ipod connector in my glovebox, but no "i" products. Could you advise what ones will fit onto the docking station - I'm due to change phones soon, so an iphone would be good, but otherwise will look into Nano or Classic etc.
Thanks,

DoctorW.
you should have got a pack of connectors with the car - i got a bag of all different adapters and sizes to fit any ipod (not ipohne though).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
My iPod Touch has a perfect adapter in the set. I'd presume the iPhone would fit with this one.

However on newer iPod Touch's and iPhones you will need an additional adapter to allow it to charge via the dock

(annoying eh?)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
645 Posts
theboylogan said:
My iPod Touch has a perfect adapter in the set. I'd presume the iPhone would fit with this one.
I have an iPhone and my missus has an iPod Touch. The iPhone is significantly fatter than a Touch, and Apple products come with seperate dock adapters for the two devices.

Unfortunately I don't have an iPod dock in my car to test the fit of either item...

Cheers,
Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,050 Posts
I use an iPod Mini, for which there isn't a dedicated adaptor, but which I fit using some flexible sleeve. There is a list in the Audio Manual of the types for which adaptors are provided and that includes the Touch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Can anyone please confirm whether a 5th Gen Ipod Nano will work AND charge ok in the standard Ipod dock in the glovebox?
Thanks..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
5th gen will not charge as standard
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,177 Posts
dbm said:
theboylogan said:
My iPod Touch has a perfect adapter in the set. I'd presume the iPhone would fit with this one.
I have an iPhone and my missus has an iPod Touch. The iPhone is significantly fatter than a Touch, and Apple products come with seperate dock adapters for the two devices.

Unfortunately I don't have an iPod dock in my car to test the fit of either item...

Cheers,
Dan
The iPhone 3GS adaptor fits the Gen I and Gen II iPod Touch - I bought a pack of them to fit in my car and used one on the Griffin dock I have on my desk where I variously plug in my iPhone, Gen I Touch or my wife's Gen II Touch. Don't know about a Classic - never had one of those...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,334 Posts
Its more than just the adaptor.

The adaptor controls the physical size of the device, but Apple have changed the connectivity several times.

My iPod Mini works fine, as talk-torque said you have to make up an adaptor.

The gen 4 Nano plays okay but I'm not sure about charging.

Shuffles don't work (different connector) but would work in the Aux.

I will try my iPhone 3GS and let you know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,334 Posts
Just tried my 3GS and wife Nano Gen 4 in the TT

The iPhone doesn't fit, which seems strange even with the adaptor removed.

The Nano Gen 4 is just dead but I suspect the battery is flat. This might confirm it doesn't charge but I know I've played it in there before.

Apple removed firewire connectivity at some point before the gen 4, my mains charger for the iPod Mini won't work with it.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top