Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

When you press CD12 it will play all the songs on the iPod in order of song name - is there any way of shuffling all songs on the iPod instead of the order (other than selecting shuffle before inserting the ipod into the dock)?

I saw the "mix" setting for CD's but i dont think that applies to the iPod??

Cheers

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mix applies, but it's not that great to be honest, especially as it turns off when you turn the engine off. So if you have a particularly annoying song that is alphanumerically first, it will ALWAYS be displayed by CD6 (for Concert) /12 (for Symphony).

I've now redone all my iPod playlists so they are numbered 1 thru 5 and I try and remember which playlist means what :)

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Recently I've just been using the ipod for podcasts and have created CD's for music. The sound quality and volume is much better plus you get names etc! If you make a data cd you can have files and several albums on one disc (just inacse anyone didn't know that).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Problem with that is you can only get around 750MB on a CD.

I encode MP3s at 192kbps, so the number of tracks is limited. Around 7-8 albums max.

It's a good idea though, for times when I really want to focus on an album; sometimes the shuffling 3000 albums mentality does get annoying :)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
shame it resets each time you turn off the car - i have playlists also but sometimes like to listen to everything.

I dont mind making CD's but i change my taste and add new songs so often i would be making new ones on a weekly basis which is time consuming - ipod is so much easier and quicker to update.

Mike, do you make data CD's or MP3's?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
mailrush said:
Mike, do you make data CD's or MP3's?
Good question. I use itunes to burn my cd's. Pretty sure my last was a data cd but the one before was an audio cd as I didn't want any pauses between songs (mix cd).

·
Registered
21 Posts
An audio CD will only contain 74 minutes of music.

A data CD contains MP3s (with track names if applicable) and will hold up to around 750MB of music. The actual amount you store will depend on encoding rates etc.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Cheers for the clarification logan. Do you have any pics of your car, sounds nice!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just a ropey one from my BlackBerry with a huge shadow of me on it haha!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.