Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Have just bought a xcar link ipod adaptor which I want to route into my glovebox. Do I need to take the glovebox out or cut any holes for the wires etc?
Also, where would the best place for the earth wire be?

Any help appreciated. :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
when i had my sony unit installed the whole glove box was taken out to feed the wire.

not sure if it is nessesary though

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mark Davies said:
Have you thought about sticking it in the cubby-hole in front of the gear stick? It's a doddle to get it in there, can still be hidden away and is easier to get to from the driver's seat.
Its, funny you have mentioned that as i have just had a look and decided thats the way to go. Is it straightforward to get the wire through/move the trim to do it etc.
I'm sure I will be fine, I have fitted radios before but I could do with rough destuctions to follow.

·
Registered
365 Posts
its easy mate. Pop out the swith panel, disconnect the colour coded plugs from the back of the 3 switches. Then unclip the centre cubby and remove. Then carefully drill a hole in it to feed ipod connector thru

Ant

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.