Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there are any Irish TT owners here and if so where do they go to get parts etc? Cheers

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mick,

How's the form? You can try Otto parts out in Tallaght, nice people and very helpful, will depend very much on what you want for the car! As Alan W said the best place for "bits" is VAGparts, with the exchange rate at the moment you can get good value for money.

I recently replaced a front-side panel sprayed (Isaac Agnew- Belfast) and a passenger O/S light for about €250 all-in compared to about €600 from the Stealers - Foster's motor Co.

Also bought a Forge DV and Milltek Cat-back in the UK for half of what it would cost here. PM me if you want contact details for any of the mods.

Cheers

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi Lads,

Mick, can you give me some info about Isaac Agnew as I'm looking to get a front panel replaced aswell. Also, I'd recommend going out to Sheehys Audi, in Naas. They are a much more professional, knowledgable, friendly AND cheaper outfit compared to Fosters, who I'll personally never use again..... 3 weeks in the garage........ for over-heating??? Absolute joke.

In my year of ownership I've found it quite hard to get quality OEM parts for my 225. We're kinda forced to go the dealers here unfortunately...

James

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hatchet, how's the form fella, I assume the Isaac Agnew question is directed at me. A colleague of mine collected the panel for me from Isacc Agnew when he was up North. I called the parts department up in Belfast (Boucher Way) and ordered the part for £100 sterling, they had it in two days. Fosters wanted my chassis number before they would price the part and then couldn't tell me how long it would take to get the panel in!!

It could very well be a case that it is the same cost but to be honest they weren't arsed finding out for me and I wasn't arsed given them any business.

My colleague then brought the collected panel to a body shop in Banbridge where it was sprayed for £50 sterling (you can get the colour code from your drivers manual). If you try the VAGdrivers.net w/site there are a couple of reccomendations on there for spraypainters, standard charge is about €200 a panel, but the front panels on the TT are only small so you might get a deal.

I have to get the front right wishbone replaced and I have to go to the stealers for it so that is gonna cost me :evil: . Should definatley look into getting parts from Otto in Tallaght if your stuck. Also have an excellent mechanic that I use in Newtownmountkennedy, German guy, BMW trained absolutley brilliant work and is reasonable at about €75 quid an hour (have brought all my cars to him, Golf, BMW, Jag & TT).

10-4

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers boys much appreciated ... let the mods begin!

·
Registered
609 Posts
keep your eyes peeled on the events section lads for tt runs out and about north and south

next run on 6 april, meeting in belfast

theres been runs to the north coast, kirkiston track, a donegal weekender, the mourne mountains and dublin

be great to have a spin out with you all

·
Registered
289 Posts
Petesy said:
keep your eyes peeled on the events section lads for tt runs out and about north and south

theres been runs to the north coast, kirkiston track, a donegal weekender, the mourne mountains and dublin

Here here, Petesy!!! Look forward to a Dublin run!!

·
Registered
498 Posts
lespaul_TT said:
Petesy said:

Here here, Petesy!!! Look forward to a Dublin run!!
Right, so who's coming up north for Sunday April 6th......Aaron? :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.