Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it worth upgrading to the yoko ad08 tyres on the front compared to my normal verdstien ultrac sessentras that i normaly get, there an extra £50 a tyre?

Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
10,704 Posts
tom2018 said:
Is it worth upgrading to the yoko ad08 tyres on the front compared to my normal verdstien ultrac sessentras that i normaly get, there an extra £50 a tyre?

Thanks
Tom
Tom if you are changing tyres then you will need to change all four and the Yokos are a simply awesome tyre , massively sticky in the dry and pretty damn good in the wet really. So for me yes they are worth it for sure.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My rears are brand new well 7mm of tread left as i just put on my 235s back on the front just to wear them out realy but now want to go to 225 fronts to get my rolling radius the same. I no in an ideal world you should change all 4 to the same makes etc, but wondering if having a stickyer tyre up front would help reduce understeer?

Tom

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I would not just fit them on the fronts they are a track day tyre and the mis match in grip front to rear would not be good.

But Yokos are the most amazing tyre they inspire so much more confidence under braking & cornering, I have taken some corners a full 20 mph quicker than I did on my Conti 3s and they don't even feel like they are being pushed to the limit. The seem to work OK in the wet during the summer but I'm not sure how they will react to wet & cold during the winter so the winter wheels will be going on in October again. They wear quite quickly too currently losing about 1mm every 1000 miles and no track days. We'll see what happens at the ADI :)

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Stiffer rear arb like golf 4 motion will help. If you upgrade both you'll reduce body roll but less effect on under steer.

Uprating all tyres to ad08s or similar will reduce it, BUT fitting on one axel is asking to put the back end in to the scenery.

Only thing i would say is that fitting semi slicks, even AD08s will transfer that gripping force to your suspension. So dampers, bushes, etc will wear faster.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have golf r32 arbs front and rear :)

But im gunna have defcons and pollybushe fitted soon as well as ajustable top mounts when i find some :)

Ok i think i will just go for another set of verdistiens untill i need new rears :)

Tom

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Just to say that your logic is sound though.

It probably would eliminate understeer, but when the back did let go it would have less grip than the fronts, inducing some tasty amounts of over steer/lift off oversteer.

Might make the TT more interesting/exciting to drive though. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts