Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, i dont no what to do?

Iv got my qs alloys sat in boxes, im never going to put them on the car again, but will it devalue the car if i dont sell it with the alloys as obviously its part of the car as a limited edition? Or if i do sell them will that get me a good enough price to not worry about loosing a bit on the car?

Just dont no weather to sell the alloys or not :(

Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
10,704 Posts
tom2018 said:

Iv got my qs alloys sat in boxes, im never going to put them on the car again, but will it devalue the car if i dont sell it with the alloys as obviously its part of the car as a limited edition? Or if i do sell them will that get me a good enough price to not worry about loosing a bit on the car?

Thanks
Tom
My brother would buy them if you want to sell for his new V6 :)

·
Super Moderator
8,675 Posts
Please don't turn this into a selling thread or it'll be pulled, sorry

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its not a selling thread its an asking if its a good idea thread, and trying to find out what they are worth, are in ok condition could probz do with a refurb though

Tom

·
Super Moderator
8,675 Posts
I'm sure it was intended as an info thread but all too often they turn, as in neil's reply

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
If they need a refurb you may aswell sell them tbh, would be better to keep for when you sell the QS in terms of people wanting standard cars, but you would need to get them refurbed before sale anyway. So I would cash in on them now :D

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,360 Posts
Hi, OEM QS alloys in good condition are sought after, so shouldn't be a prob to sell for a reasonable price.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
tom2018 said:

Thanks
Tom
I sold my original ronals when I got new r8 reps and got £150 back for them as
I found the space that they take up in the garage quite a lot
another plus points to selling is they offset the cost of the new wheels
but its up to you at the end of the day
yes they may de-value a qs but if you add very nice wheels it may add value
and make it easer to sell the FIRST thing people look at when buying a car is the wheels :p

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
As much as i would want them to go to a good home...."Neils bro"... I cannot express enough how you would regret selling them when the time ever comes to sell your qs. :( People want original cars. And the wheels could be the difference in selling or not. :? Just my 5 pence but the truth all the same. They are worth their weight in gold. And part of the whole cars character and individuality.

Damien.

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,360 Posts
Hi, I wouldn't sell them either, QS with OEM QS wheels looks wonderful.

·
Registered
83,933 Posts
Hoggy said:
Hi, I wouldn't sell them either, QS with OEM QS wheels looks wonderful.
Seconded I have removed the OME wheels from my qS and they have been sat in the garage for the last 2 years but they will be staying there just in case I ever sell him

1 - 12 of 12 Posts