Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Where is the very best Audi approved bodyshop in the country? I want my baby repaired as best as possible and I'm happy to drive miles to make sure it happens.

The w*nker that hit me is gonna pay for gassing on his phone... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
I used Balgores last year.

I needed a new...

Bonnet / bumper / two new inter coolers / wheel / front wing / light unit / plus other bits and bobs.. :lol:

They did a pretty good job with the repair. Its not factory perfect but once crashed its never going to be :( Coustmer service was very good, they kept me informed of the progress every step of the way. I was without the car for about 5 weeks though :?

http://www.balgores.com/

I drive past there every now and then and although they are Approved repairers for a number of marques its mainly Audi's i see outside. They repair TT`s ALL the time :!:

·
Registered
880 Posts
qooqiiu said:
I used Balgores last year.

I needed a new...

Bonnet / bumper / two new inter coolers / wheel / front wing / light unit / plus other bits and bobs.. :lol:

They did a pretty good job with the repair. Its not factory perfect but once crashed its never going to be :( Coustmer service was very good, they kept me informed of the progress every step of the way. I was without the car for about 5 weeks though :?

http://www.balgores.com/

I drive past there every now and then and although they are Approved repairers for a number of marques its mainly Audi's i see outside. They repair TT`s ALL the time :!:
Hmm, maybe they have improved then since I had my MK1 TT repaired there. Basically, it went in for a new sill (after I drove over a little brick wall :oops: ). I got the car back from them with no underseal done on the underside (and bits of old underseal flapping in the breeze); a scuffed alloy and tyre with a chunk out of it; a badly fitted inner wheel arch; and over 100 miles put on it! :x Needless to say, I refused to accept the car when it was dropped off. They did eventually sort the issues out, but, jeeez, how bad is their quality control ? :?

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
I may be wrong but i think they have a number of different body shops dotted about...
The quality of the repair is only as good as the actual guy carrying out the repair :?

As for the extra miles.........That's outrageous! Mine came back with 3 miles more than it went away with.

·
Registered
880 Posts
qooqiiu said:
I may be wrong but i think they have a number of different body shops dotted about...
The quality of the repair is only as good as the actual guy carrying out the repair :?

As for the extra miles.........That's outrageous! Mine came back with 3 miles more than it went away with.
Was the place in Romford.
I think these sort of places have a high turn over of staff, so the quality can vary hugely from one month to the next.

·
Registered
379 Posts
hi

glasgow audi have a bodyshop, they have 3 ovens onsite, the last time i was there, plenty of mk1 TT's getting repaired, its actually part of the audi dealership, all work is itemised, part numbers on the audi system.

I have in the past used vag or audi approved bodyshops, but this is the closet to factory spec (glasgow audi)

cheers

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Mate,

If you want a seriously stunning job which will literally take your breath away, try S&D Auto Art in Seven Kings. Its on the high road. It may only look like a small body shop but believe me, those guys have serious talent and can paint. I have such a close eye for paintwork and i can honestly say they'll make your car look better than when it came from the factory.

They aint pricey either. About £150 per panel. He painted my rear bumper and the job was awesome, if you want to see the quality, drop by and i'll show you.

Hope this helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.