Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve had my 2002 225 a couple days now and I’ve started to notice a few problems starting to appear.

Below I’ve listed each one and if anyone has experienced the same issues and can advise me, then I would really appreciate it thanks.

1. The remote key doesn’t work. When I bought the car the guy told me that the key fob just needs a new battery. I’ve replaced it but still doesn’t work! So annoyingly I have to lock and unlock it manually. Does anyone know how to rectify this?

2. Also the spare key that came with it isn’t the factory remote fob either and so again I have to manually lock and unlock it, however not only this but the engine cuts out immediately when i start it…….. any ideas??

3. Another annoying thing is when I’m driving the car there is a continuous hissing sound coming from somewhere behind the dashboard. But when I press the auto button located on the climate control panel it stops it?? Again any ideas??

4. Finally today the left headlight went out. It has the xenon set up and i only noticed it earlier today, both lights when I flash them but on normal dipped beam the left one doesn’t. Is this just as simple as changing the bulb or is it because it has xenons it a little more tricky and expensive??

So that’s it and apart from these problems the car is absolutely faultless and I love it! But to make it even Better i want to rectify all these problems as the are more annoying than anything. Please if you have any ideas on wid the cause and cure on any of them then please let me know. Thanks in advance

Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
1, Try unlocking the car with the key then press unlock on the fob, this might re sync the fob.
2. The chip will be missing from the key body so the imobiliser shuts the car off
3, no idea
4, it could be the bulb, igniter or controller. Non are cheap to replace. Try swapping the bulbs over first, this could rule out the bulb. Also check the sidelight bulb, i had a bad bulb (looked burnt but still worked) and it stopped the zenon firing up

·
Registered
171 Posts
1. From the hand book "if the remote control should ever fail to unlock or lock the vehicle, it will be necessary to re-synchronise the system. The system is automatically re-synchronised if the vehicle is locked or unlocked using the key within a minute of pressing the remote".
2. Is it a genuine audi key if so it should have the chip and just need coding, if it's just a recut key from timpsons then it will only be able to unlock and lock the vehicle.

4. When you flash that's your full beam which is a separate bulb, the xenons are dipped beam only. Could be bulb or could be ballast

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Answering point 3: Sounds like there might be a leak in the air vent tubing somewhere. If it's only noisy when set to a particular area, this will help identify which tubing might be the issue. However, getting behind the dash is a real ball ache!!
Font Gadget Camera accessory Digital camera Cameras & optics

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for your helpful responses! But just to inform you all and incase it helps anyone in the future.

First the key did need syncing, two the spare key was literally just a cut key from timpsons so not immobilised (I’ve ordered to brand new remote replacements) for a good price from Audi as I’m buying two. They 210 each and I got both for 270, plus the original one is looking a it’s age.

The cause of the hissing is the air con pump, just simply needed to be re gassed.

And finally it was thankfully just the xenon bulb that had blown which has now been replaced.

thanks again everyone, next on the list and hopefully the last and most common issue with the car is to get the pixels on the dash sorted.

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Thank you all for your helpful responses! But just to inform you all and incase it helps anyone in the future.

First the key did need syncing, two the spare key was literally just a cut key from timpsons so not immobilised (I’ve ordered to brand new remote replacements) for a good price from Audi as I’m buying two. They 210 each and I got both for 270, plus the original one is looking a it’s age.

The cause of the hissing is the air con pump, just simply needed to be re gassed.

And finally it was thankfully just the xenon bulb that had blown which has now been replaced.

thanks again everyone, next on the list and hopefully the last and most common issue with the car is to get the pixels on the dash sorted.
Try Audi - totaltronics.com for DIS repairs. Not too far from you to Rugby, for a while you wait repair, or post the Dash Pod to Patryk if that suits better.
Mac.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Great news theres nothing serious,,
sounds a good price for the keys,,
My recent 2003 coupe, 225 has a few pixels appearing on the bottom display, going to use a place in Rainham,Essex before it gets worse,,,
fix it while you wait,,,most it will take ,,,if not “ routine” is 2 hours if dash comes out I was told,,,

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Try Audi - totaltronics.com for DIS repairs. Not too far from you to Rugby, for a while you wait repair, or post the Dash Pod to Patryk if that suits better.
Mac.
I took mine there. Went for a walk about while he did it. He advised I have the fuel and temp gauge's overhauled at the same time due to he said after the binnacle's removed and worked on he's found it commonplace for them to 'fail' at some point/likely after so many cycles of use.

I took the 'better safe than sorry' approach, trusting his judgement and let him do the lot. All's still well!

·
Registered
9,737 Posts
The second key is just to help you when you accidentally lock your keys in the boot or similar.

That's why they didn't pay the extra for an immobiliser and remote unlock

1 - 11 of 11 Posts