Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Lizibee said:
She's got her first mark on the paintwork, tiny tiny weeny but very sad all the same [smiley=bigcry.gif]
Ok, who dunnit??!! :) :roll:

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Lizibee said:
35mphspeedlimit said:
Lizibee said:
She's got her first mark on the paintwork, tiny tiny weeny but very sad all the same [smiley=bigcry.gif]
Ok, who dunnit??!! :) :roll:
Well must be me, looks like tiny tiny weeny 2 x dots on drivers arch, must be a minute stone chip, its gonna happen I guess :(
Aye, but annoying nonetheless!! :(

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aye, but annoying nonetheless!! :([/quote]

It is indeed, I'm sure there'll be plenty more along the way too, its not worth repairing but would if one was bad enough, fingers crossed I won't get any baddies :wink:

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Hiya,
Lizibee I have just cleaned my TTS ragtop and although it is almost 3 years old it has only done 3,860 miles and have found around 12 stone chips. So, I am afraid it is going to happen to all of us. :?

·
Registered
757 Posts
Annoying. My first TT had many chips after only a few autobahn blasts. The one I have now is a year old and is not doing too badly.

I also have one on the offside front wheel arch. As the primer is a light colour and the finish is Dakota Grey this really shows. Perhaps the moral of the story is to choose a colour which is close to the primer colour.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think your both right, many more to come, its just scarey when its still so new, but Ive been brave, no point crying over spilt milk :lol:

My previous Golf was silver, which is the absolute best colour to hide chips, scratches etc but I wanted a change, and wasn't over keen on the TT in Silver, the dark grey like yours Barrieb I love, but like you say that shows easily too, hey ho just have to :p & bear it eh,

Cheers for your words fellas :D

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Almost every time I wash mine I find a mark :(

Trouble is I park on a private car park at work which no ffffff sods take any notice of - so doors swinging merrily, idiots who throw up the gravel surface, people walking past, etc etc etc and 90% of them shouldn't be there (don't start me on THAT one)

Most of the time I hog the corner spot (which would probably squeeze three cars in!) with two trusted colleagues parked either side - but people don't give a dammed about anyone elses property.

Makes me sad - like you, but then I look at the marks I got on my Louboutin heels after ONE night out this weekend and the dAMAGE ..........argggggggggggggggggggg

·
Registered
108 Posts
If it makes you feel any better.

My car was parked in it's usual spot outside my house on Wednesday and the bin lorry managed to reverse into it and take my rear bumper off and smash my taillights

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.