Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
12:50 today .......... on the back of a truck and my old Mk1 was hauled away by self same truck. It has has only taken a mere nine months to get my hands on this Mk2 Coupé :eek: . Still it seems to have been prepared well by the dealer (clean inside and out, not a mark anywhere and not a single swirl in sight on the paintwork :eek: ) ........... but they just couldn't get everything right could they :cry: The coloured extended leather option has not been fitted - looks like the black extended leather has been fitted instead despite all the order, manufacture and delivery paperwork stating that the coloured option has been fitted. The dealer then let themselves down by trying to persuade me it was in fact the coloured option (hello, hello ..... it's black you doughnuts!!) ......... but they then settled for blaming the factory ............. PDI's aren't what they used to be are they? Still, it will all get sorted out.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Congratulations and try not to let the dissappointment of the extended leather error spoil the arrival of your new TT.
Afterall you have waited long enough :eek:
9 mths did you say - Are you reading this Redcar?? :wink:

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
north_wales_tt said:
.... try not to let the dissappointment of the extended leather error spoil the arrival of your new TT.
No chance - t'would take something like fitting the wrong engine or gearbox option to spoil anything - I just wish stealers would own up, say sorry and get things sorted of their own volition, instead of having me tell them I'm about to reject the car that's currently on my drive ..... make yer mind up time ............ sort it or take it back ............. you know the right answer don't you .............. there, that wasn't difficult was it :wink:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Hi garvin, I might be wrong you know buddy but I don't think you can get the extended leather option in coloured leather e.g. black only.

I'm also sure there's a post on this somewhere on here.

Have I got my facts straight? Come on guys, am I rigtht?

Hope you enjoy your motor.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
ricka said:
Hi garvin, I might be wrong you know buddy but I don't think you can get the extended leather option in coloured leather e.g. black only.

I'm also sure there's a post on this somewhere on here.

Have I got my facts straight? Come on guys, am I rigtht?

Hope you enjoy your motor.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]
I have extended magma. Maybe you cant get it any more. Last summer it changed in that you got less coloured leather in the doors, not sure if it has changed again to black only.

Ordered July, delivered November

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Ext lthr in black looks better anyway IMO

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Ext lthr in black looks better anyway IMO

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Been out washing, cleaning, waxing etc and light is failing now (and its rained a couple of times :( ) so here are a couple of not too good photos. The first at least shows that it's now nice and shiny on its 19" wheels:

This is a peek inside to show the 'extended leather' ........... it's black on the door armrest but grey on the side panels of the centre console - so is it extended leather - coloured ....... only the wrong colour (seats are ice blue) or extended leather - black :?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
That IS extended leather coloured :)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Hi Garvin, your car looks great in them there pics. I like 'petrol blue' and it looks the biz with that interior. Saw one (and liked it) like that at the dealers a few weeks back.

Enjoy it buddy!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
ricka said:
AidenL said:
Yes but the door armrests are black, are they not?
Yes, but the centre piece is really the decider I think?

If you had black extended, the centre piece would be black, not Ice Blue? Yeah, your armrests are black for sure, but maybe thats normal on more recent orders as someone else has said?

I think black armrests will wear better too? :)

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
AidenL said:
This is an extract available from the TT Brochure currently downloadable from the Audi web site:-

Extended Leather package â€" coloured. Sides of centre console in coloured leather to match seat upholstery and instrument panel cover in black leather. In combination with Magma red, Ice blue, Stone blue and Chennai brown interior colours â€" door armrest and door handle in black leather. In combination with Mineral grey, Light grey and Luxor beige interior colours â€" door armrest and door handle in coloured leather to match seat upholstery (not available in combination with black leather interior)

So I can understand why the door armrests are black but why is the centre console grey?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.