Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking on the forum i have found many post's similar to my problem but not exactly the same so here goes.
I have an 04 plate 3.2 DSG bin sitting on drive way for a while due to work thought id get a valet done by friend and get her back driving, he turned up and wanted to move it for extra room but battery dead as been month or so.
He's rung me and said not to worry found the jump lead's in garage and jumped of his van, having previosly read about jumping these got me a bit worried.
I come home to find that as he didnt know about emergency boot release in car he thought the terminal under bonnet where battery normally is with big positive connections was jumping point.
then say's car ran for five minutes and then just cut out so he carried on cleaning thinking battery dead, ive just tried car and everything dead, hooked up to battery and no door locks no dash nothing.
Checked main fuse on battery all ok im stuck as to where to go from here, anyone any ideas.
Especially as [smiley=argue.gif] he decided to open driver window and now worried about leaving all night and cant move it :x

·
Registered
28,013 Posts
Get jump leads off another car hooked up , run the car and then try closing the windows with your ignition on.

Try starting as well, if it starts with jump leads then maybe you have a completely knackered battery

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,355 Posts
Hi, Have you checked all fuses under bonnet where battery would be on 225 ?
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for reply had a real nightmare, tested with leads to another car and nothing.
Then boot got shut while we thought about what next, went to open with lever in car and nothing.
Seems cable has disconnected from lock, after back seats out carpet and plastics out we got to battery and swapped with another one as a test and we now have life.
Seems battery is completely gone, new one needed thanks again.

leason learned dont leave jump leads on show.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts