Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the TT is here, and I will try and use this thread as some sort of progress blog for her. Just been cleaning it up today really, making a few little changes! First up was sorting the exhaust tips, you can see the difference a wire brush makes.

Next up was sorting the cracked number plate.

And one of my favourite touches on a TT that is so simple to do! Spot the difference...
before

After

Deleting the reverse light. The bulb is a tad pink now mind, but I'm not fussed! Haha!

And a couple of how it looks now.

Jack

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
looks like you have a lovely little project on your hands :p

it looks like mine used to, until i found this place.
a few things i can see i would be itching to do/fix/refresh but you need another red light sticker on the other side, or get some wet n dry out and a mop 8)

infact keep the mop out and give her a good seeing to :lol:

have you made a list yet?

·
Registered
83,928 Posts
Good start we will expect an up date in the morning :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The updates will be slow I'm afraid! I have just got a new flat and it's not cheap and neither are fun parts for the TT! Haha. The next thing on my list is a bloody good wash, polish and wax. Then it's take on the grubby interior and finally sort the engine bay out with a good clean. I want to get the niggles sorted before I spend on toys!

I have got a list though.
-35mm drop all around (not sure what springs are best yet.)
-space the wheels out (seems 20mm rear and 15mm front is best!)
-refurbish wheels (not decided on color yet, probably stay silver.)
-New forge TIP
-New Forge Diverter Valve
-New upper boost hoses (one of mine has a small split repaired...I want it fixed properly!)
-scorpion cat back system.

That's everything I want doing that I can think of. It's such a different car to what I'm use to, enjoying it is the top priority on my list! Haha.
Jack

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So today...I broke my TT. :( couldn't get it to run and when I finally did, it cut out in the traffics through town! Guess my Crank Sensor finally gave up on life!

Half an hour later, I had a handy man with a van full of tools here helpin me fit the new sensor I just so happened to have in the car (originally planned to fit it tomorrow with my new alarm unit!)

Between the two of us, we managed to get the new sensor fitted and put the car back together. Runs fine now, and no longer cuts out. YAAAAY! But when I was putting the battery tray back in the AA dude was busy fitting the hoses back...the ham fisted tool managed to crack the small pipe that runs from the APX engines airbox. And I don't think he has nipped something up as I now have a turbo whistle over 4k rpm where is sucking air in...tomorrow's jobs,

-locate and stop turbo whistle.
-fit new alarm unit.
-play with Vagcom and clear fault codes and service lights.
-wash and wax the TT for the first time to get it looking lush!

Parked it up with the Missus baby ford!

Jack

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fixed the alarm horn, the old one was all rotten and missing a pin where the plastic had melted! Coded it to bleep on the locking key when the alarm sets and also just for the hell of it, coded the car to lock the doors at 10mph!

Didnt manage to wash the car and there is no need for photos, but i was given a Seat Leon Splitter off my friends Chris's 500bhp S4... :eek: I will get that fitted tomorrow when i get chance, im also collecting the brand new Audi/VW DV tomorrow (06A145710 N) for the grand total of £35 new. I think it will be up to the job! Have a feeling my DV is past its best, so would rather replace that!

On the turbo whistle thing, it has nothing to do with the second hose from the Air pump. we sealed it up and it was still doing it. You can hear the turbo winding up, then the whistle starts and its like the turbo just stops building pressure up. My plan is to replace the upper boost hoses as one has a slight repaired patch (May have been made worse when i removed it yesterday to fit the sensor) and replace the TIP with a 2" silicon job to see if that helps.
Jack

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^^ HA! Well now I need and i mean NEED to was my TT tomorrow. Yours looks lovely and clean! Might even wash the KA if i get the time and its not raining! And cheers, i just want to get it running properly first! Need these new boost hoses urgently to get it running spot on. Then i can concentrate on its looks and get it smartened up!
Jack

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Another little touch! Fitted a set of Black Audi rings to the boot lid while I was giving it a wash! The whole car Still needs a polish and wax though, it's just had a quick bucket and mitten rinse!

Jack

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
like the badge, get rid of the others!!!

also i think you should invest in a clay bar, and give your car a good rubbing 8)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Charlesuk said:
like the badge, get rid of the others!!!

also i think you should invest in a clay bar, and give your car a good rubbing 8)
Oh you will soon get to know me lad! I am a geek when it comes to detailing, I just don't have a driveway at the moment so can't get out to wash it! I can't wait to clay it and lift all the moss off from around the seals and doors, and get the paint in good shape again, it's a tad swirly as well at the moment. Nightmare! :(

I'm leaving the TT and quattro badges as well, but plan to paint them black with the original red detailing as well! Think they would look better and match the rings as well!
Jack

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
have you seen the tt badges from the facelift models? ive got a set i was going to put back on my car but i dont think i wanna ruin the back end now. they would look good in black on a silver tt, just too much on mine.

i also had the horrible stuff youve got on the car, like near the number plate lights and the under side of the spoiler? original t cut i found ripped through it better than a lot of stuff i tried :)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Charlesuk said:
have you seen the tt badges from the facelift models? ive got a set i was going to put back on my car but i dont think i wanna ruin the back end now. they would look good in black on a silver tt, just too much on mine.

i also had the horrible stuff youve got on the car, like near the number plate lights and the under side of the spoiler? original t cut i found ripped through it better than a lot of stuff i tried :)
OOOOSH! Those badges do look tasty! I was thinking of ordering new and painting them instead of pulling these ones off and doing it that way! And iv got some Tardis stuff that lifts all that green fungus stuff and the dirty rough staining around the back end of the car. I find t-cut is too aggressive! Would smash through it though like you said! I will give it a full wash on the weekend when I'm back at home!
Jack

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
if you want these badges let me know, i wont be putting them back on :D

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Charlesuk said:
if you want these badges let me know, i wont be putting them back on :D
I think iv found a whole set already in Black with the red detailing on them and the correct backing tape! Just waiting to see if they are gloss! Would profer Matt black!
Jack

1 - 20 of 77 Posts