1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
525 Posts
So i have a Sept 2000 TTR 225 how much will i be paying ?

·
Registered
428 Posts
because you are an easy target.

if you have enough money to spend on a sports car/luxury car then you have enough to be put in the higher tax band

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
bagseye said:

if you have enough money to spend on a sports car/luxury car then you have enough to be put in the higher tax band
I'm not having a go at you mate (just wanted to point that out first :wink: ), but my point is - I worked hard, saved hard, didn't mug any grannies, didn't kill people for the money, and actually have a job which pays less than the 'average', to pay for this car.

The problem is, people judge people on what they have, and not what they done to achieve what they have.....and so, I get punished for being a working, law-abiding citizen ? The Government really have to focus on WHO they should be punishing to get more money in.

Like you say though, I guess being a working, driving person does make me an easy target.....kinda makes you wonder who's better off in this country : do-gooders, or morons :?

Okay, deep breath, and rant over :p :wink:

·
Registered
16,948 Posts
ELLIOTT1 said:
£200 :)

the new tax rates affect Cars registered March 2001 on

Mark

·
Registered
19,838 Posts
jbell said:
conlechi said:
ELLIOTT1 said:
£200 :)

the new tax rates affect Cars registered March 2001 on

Mark
What is wrong/unfair about it is I will be paying £405 for a car identical to a pre March 2001 car.
Yeah, but yours is newer so you MUST have more money... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
428 Posts
TeeTees said:
bagseye said:

I'm not having a go at you mate (just wanted to point that out first :wink: ), but my point is - I worked hard, saved hard, didn't mug any grannies, didn't kill people for the money, and actually have a job which pays less than the 'average', to pay for this car.

The problem is, people judge people on what they have, and not what they done to achieve what they have.....and so, I get punished for being a working, law-abiding citizen ? The Government really have to focus on WHO they should be punishing to get more money in.

Like you say though, I guess being a working, driving person does make me an easy target.....kinda makes you wonder who's better off in this country : do-gooders, or morons :?

Okay, deep breath, and rant over :p :wink:
that probably came out wrong. what i meant was the gov are using the motorist as its cash cow. especially the ones who want to drive something with a bit extra.

this whole thing on 4x4s is stupid too. i agree there is no real place for them in the cities but as for your local farmer who requires a 4x4. do they have to pay this OTT tax also?

·
Registered
104 Posts
still, at least with this cash injection from increased road tax the roads will be all as smooth as glass and pot holes will be a thing of the past :roll:

...or (call me cynical) but it may just mean more handouts to the countries bludgers.

Doesn't technically affect me having a 2000 car, but makes me so mad - what a stitch up. :evil:

·
Registered
19,838 Posts
bagseye said:
thats the thing. its no longer road tax.

its just TAX

or emmisions tax
Yeah, when did it stop being a Road Fund Licence?

Isn't there some irony in that title? :roll:

Cnuts. :evil:

·
Registered
428 Posts
its now War Fund Tax

until they get their grubby mits on all that delicious oil theyre going to sting us for as much as they can.

from things i have read there is not as much of a shortage of oil as what is being said. it just gives an excuse to put the prices up. like the christmas rush.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
[[The government says that motorists should be helped to see that a "cleaner" car is good for their bank balance as well as the environment. ]]

The TT is not a dirty car!!

And this is definitely NOT good for my bank balance!

The holier than thou mother f#cker who said this needs incinerating :!: :evil:

If this were to be "fare"...it would be back dated to include EVERY dam car on the road.

·
Registered
19,838 Posts
qooqiiu said:
[[The government says that motorists should be helped to see that a "cleaner" car is good for their bank balance as well as the environment. ]]
Which means...

The government says that motorists should be helped to see that a cleaned out wallet is good for our bank balance as well as the environment.

:p

·
Registered
19,838 Posts
kentt1 said:
so guys my car is registered on 1st march 2001 does that put it in the higher band ?Is it cars registered after 1st march 2001 :roll:
Okay...

225 TT's registered between March 1st 2001 and September 1st 2005 will pay £415 annually for road tax from March 2009.

Looks like it was registered one day too late... :?

·
Registered
428 Posts
on top of this new increase i am alos going to have to renew my licence photo this year.

at a cost of £17.50

·
Registered
196 Posts
rustyintegrale said:
kentt1 said:
so guys my car is registered on 1st march 2001 does that put it in the higher band ?Is it cars registered after 1st march 2001 :roll:
Okay...

225 TT's registered between March 1st 2001 and September 1st 2005 will pay £415 annually for road tax from March 2009.

Looks like it was registered one day too late... :?
yeah thats what i thought :( fuckers !!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.