Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning Everyone,

Just thought I'd say Hi. Just brought my first TT last week, it's a MK1 2002 coupe. Enjoying it immensely, but a little worried after reading a few horror stories on the fourm here!!

Anyway, Hi to everyone!

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
PaulUK said:
Morning Everyone,

Just thought I'd say Hi. Just brought my first TT last week, it's a MK1 2002 coupe. Enjoying it immensely, but a little worried after reading a few horror stories on the fourm here!!

Anyway, Hi to everyone!
hi paul welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forum and TT ownership. Dont worry about the horror stories - you are on a TT specific forum so you will see people having some niggles (it is a machine and sometimes things break).

The positive is that you have a wealth of knowledgeable people on here, that can provide advice and guidance.

Enjoy your TT :)

Neil

·
Registered
83,929 Posts
Welcome :p most people only post when they have a prolem so it can make things lookmuch worse than they are

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Guys,

Many thanks for the comments!. I'll try and post a pic later, its a one owner from new, 87,000 only, full Audi service history from new. I actually called the owner, his mobile number from 2002 was in the service book, but i figured if he'd had the car 10 years perhaps he had the same number!, and it was lol. Turned out he's 60 now (so brought it at 50) but has a bad back and couldnt get in and out too well, so hopefully it souldnt be too bad!

I'm 43 now tbh (probbaly a midlife crisis!), but its a great car to drive.

Speak to you guys soon.

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,347 Posts
Hi Paul, Has the cambelt been replaced ? having a FASH doesn't mean it has. Every 65k miles or 5 years which ever comes 1st.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi,

Thats why I called the previous owner tbh, he didnt know. He was quite a well spoken chap, seemed to think anything that needed to be done had been, but I intend to visit the said Audi garage and check, if not i'll get it done, got a quote of £260 for belt and w/pump.

·
Registered
83,929 Posts
PaulUK said:
Just a question, can you get the cambelts inspected easily?
If its not been changed in the last 5 years or 60k or if you are not sure its not worth the risk just get it changed

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,347 Posts
Hi Paul, You also need to replace the hydraulic tensioner/damper as well, its not part of the Audi kit.
The "tensioner" in the kit is just a roller.
The cover can be removed (not easily) but its no true guide of condition,unless it starting to crack etc.
Hoggy. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts