Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Just picked my TT up from Dundee Audi on Wednesday (my birthday) and over the moon with it.

A few questions though, as the weather here is terrible and the car is dirty already!!

What products do you all use to:

1. Wash the car?
2. Wax?
3. Tyre wax?
4. Do you use a pressure washer?

Also can anyone recommend a good Bluetooth car kit that works well with the car. I didnt spec it, dont want to regret it so looking for a good solution.

I have my ipod in the cigarette lighter, so wondering how it would potentially be powered.

Also, what is the AUX connector used for in between the two front seats?

Thanks very much for your input, much appreciated for a n00by!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
mtcmedia said:
Hey all,

Just picked my TT up from Dundee Audi on Wednesday (my birthday) and over the moon with it.

A few questions though, as the weather here is terrible and the car is dirty already!!

1. Wash the car?
2. Wax?
3. Tyre wax?

Also can anyone recommend a good Bluetooth car kit that works well with the car. I didnt spec it, dont want to regret it so looking for a good solution.

I have my ipod in the cigarette lighter, so wondering how it would potentially be powered.

Congrats on the pick up.

Cleaning - see here -> http://www.********.co.uk/ttforumbbs/vi ... p?t=101608 (Janitor's post)

Aux - to connect an iPod, or similar.

·
Registered
896 Posts
mtcmedia said:
Hey all,

1. Wash the car?
2. Wax?
3. Tyre wax?
As you are in his home town just use Jac-in-a-Box. He tours the vast majority of the UK but has done my wife's car in Dundee before and is due to do it again in less than two weeks.

Check his thread out in the events section :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
sane eric said:
mtcmedia said:
Hey all,

1. Wash the car?
2. Wax?
3. Tyre wax?

Congrats on the pick up.

Cleaning - see here -> http://www.********.co.uk/ttforumbbs/vi ... p?t=101608 (Janitor's post)

Aux - to connect an iPod, or similar.
What he said.

Bluetooth varies across the forum as do many subjects. Parrot seems to be good if you dont mind the control unit sitting off the fascia. i`m installing a Kenwood satnav system that has I-Pod and Bluetooth onboard

I use the cleaning guide linked above and Swissvax products with Meguirs mitts and cloths...brilliant results. No i dont use a pressure washer unless its for the underside and arches after its been out on salted roads

The Aux is okay for I-pod but there is the temptation to play with the pod whilst driving as thats the only way you can change the track.
By the way...welcome...its a fun place to be.. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!

Jac-in-a-Box - I assume this is a car valet guy? Whats the link for that thread?

Ill check out that cleaning thread thanks!!

Re the Aux - not sure I understand how the iPod works with that? What connection cable do I use? I have one of those FM solutions right now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!

Jac-in-a-Box - I assume this is a car valet guy? Whats the link for that thread?

Re the Aux - not sure I understand how the iPod works with that? What connection cable do I use? I have one of those FM solutions right now.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
mtcmedia said:
Thanks guys!

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?Tab ... &U=Strat15

I dont have aux on mine, but I think the above should do the trick.

Ditch the FM thing.

·
Registered
TTS Vegas Yellow • M5 Sapphire Black
395 Posts
mtcmedia said:
Hes from dundee? Cool ill give him a call sometime.

Sweet so that cable is all I need?

What about where it sits, in the cupholder? :)
Hey there!

I also picked up my car from Dundee Audi on Wednesday!

There's supossed to be a pouch with a litre of oil in the boot. When I queried it I was told they havent done that for years but everyone else on here has had one. Did you get one by any chance?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.