·
Registered
19,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
I like the idea but I am not sure of the intentions of -

Does it mean that all of your contacts information is sent and what other information?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
So glad you posted this!

Downloading now, and at only £13.99!

Bargain.

·
Registered
19,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hark said:
How accurate is it? iPhone thing is ok at best, is this technology at a level that it is now usable??
Not sure what it was like with the phone but a few quick trials this morning were pretty good. It learns your accent too so it looks promising.

I was thinking it could be useful for people who can't spell... :wink: :)

·
Registered
19,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
YoungOldUn said:
I like the idea but I am not sure of the intentions of -

Does it mean that all of your contacts information is sent and what other information?
Makes no odds to me since I use iCloud and they have all my contacts to synch multiple devices anyhow. :wink:

·
Registered
19,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
L0z said:
So glad you posted this!

Downloading now, and at only £13.99!

Bargain.
It is. I like the Notifications thing on the laptop and also the simplified browser input bar and the ability to mail a link straight from the browser.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
If, like me, you've been having problems downloading the update...(apparently it's a BT thing with Apple, the download freezes at 53.25mb...fml)

Download Hotspot Shield from http://www.hotspotshield.com

It hides your IP so it tricks the server into continuing the download. I thought it was a load of BS, but it actually works!

Yay :)

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Just finished installing!

Wow. It's epic!

So much better than Lion. Which, to be honest, was nothing more than a giant disappointment! My 2009 MacBook Pro is running like it was out of the box! I can't begin to explain how happy this has made me! I know it's quite sad/geeky to not only be excited about a new OS but, who cares.

Apple for life y0!

·
Registered
850 Posts
I need to get this! Im usually on the ball with the updates but haven't done it as yet :D

I am liking the sound of a lot of the updates. Overall are we saying its well worth it? Its only £13.99 so I can't see why it wouldn't be

·
Registered
11,940 Posts
I'm using this new application now very impressed with it this is all been done by dictation

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Ruffmeister said:
I need to get this! Im usually on the ball with the updates but haven't done it as yet :D

I am liking the sound of a lot of the updates. Overall are we saying its well worth it? Its only £13.99 so I can't see why it wouldn't be
Mate, do it!

I can't believe I paid more for the Lion update!

This has totally refreshed my machine.

Loving it!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
robokn said:
I'm using this new application now very impressed with it this is all been done by dictation
Have you worked out how to do punctuation with it? Whenever I say 'comma', it types 'commerce'...

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Have you managed to get punctuation, because I still can't manage to get this to work.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.