Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
My girlfriend and I ordered a TTR yesterday and I wanted to say hello to all, share my excitement and ask a couple of questions...

We went for the base 1.8tfsi in Meteor Grey with black roof, xenons, interior light package, tyre pressure monitor, sound pack and Concert radio upgrade. I would have loved the bi-colour 10 spoke alloys that were on the demonstrator but we couldn't justify the extra cost really, maybe we'll add them later, so it'll have the 17inch Y spokes.

The questions I have are; Does anyone know if we need to pay for the Concert upgrade as we are paying for the sound pack, which lists the Symphony, iPod connection and Bose speakers. My dealer seemed to think we did but was unsure. Secondly, can you get a luggage set for the roadster that helps to make use of the space efficiently?

Thanks!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Congrats on the new car - bet you can't wait to get it! Looks good spec you have gone for - I am really glad I have the xenons and interior light pack on mine and I know people on here disagree but personally think the Bose is great as well. Has the dealer given you any indication as when it will be delivered?

Unless I am missing something I don't understand why you are adding the concert radio, as the symphony is more advanced. The symphony has the 6cd changer built in where as the concert is just a single cd.

Sorry I can't help with the luggage thing as I have a coupe.

·
Registered
117 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. Looks like I need to change my username to stop getting all the spam on earth.

We've had two Mini Cooper S's previously and they both have had xenons and it's just terrifying when you are used to them and then drive a car without them. The tyre pressure and light pack were the only two things that we were used to with Minis that weren't standard spec.

The luggage links look great, thanks so much. They are a must.

The dealer quoted us a build week of 18 with delivery mid June. Which has to happen to stick to the Open Season offer for delivery by end of June. Anyone thinking about going for the Roadster, I'd highly recommend you go and enjoy the 3k Audi funded deposit before the 7th of April.

I'd be interested in people's thoughts on the 1.8. Of course if we had the cash we'd have gone for the TTS with 270bhp but the 1.8 was perfectly lively and the lower tax and fuel bills will help the ownership experience. Interestingly thanks to Euro/Sterling movements, the car has cost us 7k less than it currently does in Germany. We didn't even try the 2.0 tfsi as it wasn't part of the offer but did sit in a 51k TTRS in the showroom, if only to gaze at the V10 R8 in front.

On the username issue, can I change it without having to re-register?

Cheers everyone. I'll keep you updated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mark123 said:
Unless I am missing something I don't understand why you are adding the concert radio, as the symphony is more advanced. The symphony has the 6cd changer built in where as the concert is just a single cd.
That's how I see it, I'll call them tomorrow to sort it out. Might just put the money towards reversing sensors instead.

J

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Welcome along to TTF and a great spec.

The 17" Y Spokes actually look pretty good in the flesh IMO. Why not look at a decent set of replica's if you really want to have bigger and better wheels?

·
Registered
472 Posts
CongraTTs Coleman,
You're going to have the TT Grin so get used to not sleeping and waking early just so you can drive her.......The car that is! :p

·
Registered
11,940 Posts
the boot is quite spacious and you can get a fair amount in there and welcome to the mad house

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.