Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again,

Sorry for all the questions, it's just a compliment at how good you guys & girls are at answering them :p

I'm chasing down a couple of replacement keys for my TT (only have one and it's looking pretty rough) and I heard that you need to check the frequency in addition to matching the serial number. Any tips on how to check the frequency of my existing key? Can't see it written near the serial number but I'm probably just going blind... :? Also does the whole serial number have to match or are there certain critical parts or is the frequency all that matters?

Cheers,

Phil

·
Administrator
33,050 Posts
The immobiliser chip will still need registering with the car by Audi. That's the expensive bit and there is no way round this for security reasons. Consequently it's not worth the time trouble and risk of buying keys off eBay, which may or may not have the remote frequency correct.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure you're right over in Europe but here in Australia parts are mostly between 4 and 10 times the price. I'll double check the price of the key but as an example the airbags cost $3000au each over here. That's about 1400 pounds in today's money, each!

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Cheers,

Phil

·
Administrator
33,050 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.