Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Got the usual 2x remote 3 button key fobs for my tt..buttt both look tired and well used as there coming up to 9 years old.

My question is...Can i simply freshen them up by getting new cases and swap the blade's and internal chips over?

If so, wheres the cheapest place to go for them? Obviously theres ebay but there seems to be lots of cheap copies floating around!

Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
435 Posts
Don't do anything so expensive dude...

I ordered 3 of the following to replace the dented, warped and finger worn buttons on my key fobs.

Part number 8Z0837891A and around £1.75 inc VAT from VW or Audi, took 30 seconds to gently pry off the old key pad, and press on the new

(Very very very sorry for my laziness and crapness of the pics, couldn't be arsed to get out the camera, and phone is poo at macro shots)

But you get the gist...

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
thats really handy to know actually :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
T3RBO said:
Luckily my spare fob is still in it's original unused condition, but for the main one I fitted a new rubber button, new Audi rings then added the below to the case

http://www.pogiparts.de/product_info.ph ... 55d30119cb

Well happy :p
That carbon effect wrap looks well worth the money - what was the shipping like from that site?

Also you mentioned about changing the rings, can i get hold of them from audi stealers too?

·
Super Moderator
24,444 Posts
Shipping is also 8,00 EUR so total will be roughly £14 all in

I bought my rings and buttons from E Bay, but main dealer will sell them for similar money :wink:

·
Registered
84,371 Posts
ttanderson said:
T3RBO said:
Luckily my spare fob is still in it's original unused condition, but for the main one I fitted a new rubber button, new Audi rings then added the below to the case

http://www.pogiparts.de/product_info.ph ... 55d30119cb

Well happy :p
That carbon effect wrap looks well worth the money - what was the shipping like from that site?

Also you mentioned about changing the rings, can i get hold of them from audi stealers too?
You can get these covers from Awesome I got one a few weeks ago

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi,

After reading this post I decided to freshen up my keys as well and have got the key pad part (£3.45) from my local Audi main dealer but they didn't have a clue about fitting it (asked two staff and their head tech) and advised to replace the whole bottom half of the key fob (£60). I have read on here that you just prize out the old and fit the new but how do you guys do this?? Is it best to split the key fob with a screw driver on the back and then try and fit or simply try and flick out the old one trying not to damage the circuit behind it?

Thanks Gregg

·
Registered
210 Posts
well I only had one three button key and and a service key when she bought the TT. So just got an brand new one from Audi at a cost of £132.24 + £35 coding. The totally new key looks amazing and make the old one look very tatty and not just the buttons. Will be looking into the options above for the old key.

·
Super Moderator
24,444 Posts
TTRampage said:
Hi,

After reading this post I decided to freshen up my keys as well and have got the key pad part (£3.45) from my local Audi main dealer but they didn't have a clue about fitting it (asked two staff and their head tech) and advised to replace the whole bottom half of the key fob (£60). I have read on here that you just prize out the old and fit the new but how do you guys do this?? Is it best to split the key fob with a screw driver on the back and then try and fit or simply try and flick out the old one trying not to damage the circuit behind it?

Thanks Gregg
Just dig your nail (or a small screwdriver) into the edge and lift it out, then the new one just pops in

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
TTRampage said:
Is it best to split the key fob with a screw driver on the back and then try and fit or simply try and flick out the old one trying not to damage the circuit behind it?

Thanks Gregg
You won't damage anything, just flip out the old 3 buttons and push the new one in.

·
Registered
62 Posts

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Hipflyguy said:
Don't do anything so expensive dude...

I ordered 3 of the following to replace the dented, warped and finger worn buttons on my key fobs.

Part number 8Z0837891A and around £1.75 inc VAT from VW or Audi, took 30 seconds to gently pry off
Just ordered this from my dealer.. $18 Canadian [smiley=argue.gif]

But it'll make my fob look good again..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.