Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it's possible to surce a replacement Kindle screen?

My Kindle was damaged at the weekend, and the screen is cracked. What bits of the screen remain, still work, so I'm pretty sure it's only the screen that's knackered.

Amazon don't do repairs, but have offered 20% off a replacement - which is still a fair chunk of cash.

·
Registered
19,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you tell them the truth about the damage? As I say, they offered me just 20% off a new one.

I didn't expect anything tbh, after all it's my fault. Though I have to say, reading some online tales, it does seem that other people are getting better offers.

Do you think it depends on how many books you buy through Amazon? I bought a few to begin with, but then was given a load of files.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Kell said:
Do you think it depends on how many books you buy through Amazon? I bought a few to begin with, but then was given a load of files.
I think there's something in that I think they make much more out selling the books than the kindle.
Yes I did tell them the truth both times.

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Kell
I did ring them when the screen cracked and they said send it back to us when you get the new one. I paid £80 which 2 days later they refunded Result.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts