Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my 2.0 ttc on saturday. Absolutely awesome car. Problem is I've noticed a knocking sound coming from the rear nearside. Only seems to happen at low sppeds. Any ideas what it may be?

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
Hi Yorks. It could indeed be something simple, such as the rear hatch buffers not adjusted correctly. Several people have had this.

If you open the hatch and look at the underside of it, you'll see a rubber buffer on each side. These can easily be adjusted by "unscrewing" then a bit at a time until the noise goes. Make sure it actually adjusts when you turn them - the rubber bit is just a cover and can turn on the plastic screw bit in which case no effective adjustment takes place.

You can just pull the rubber bit off, adjust the screw bit and then pop the rubber back on. You then know you've adjusted it.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Check to see if the transport blocks are removed from the rear springs.... :roll:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys - will check it out tonight. This is probably a dumb question but if it is the transport blocks will this be obvisous?!

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Yorks said:
Thanks for the suggestions guys - will check it out tonight. This is probably a dumb question but if it is the transport blocks will this be obvisous?!
It will be obvious if you look close at the rear springs. But it's not obvious enough for the dealer to always remember to remove them... :roll:

I know, because I drove my car for several weeks before I noticed.... :oops:

You can read and see a lot more about it in this thread:
http://www.********.co.uk/ttforumbbs/vi ... ort+blocks

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Hi Yorks, might not be much help but I noticed a similar thing in mine and found that although the tailgate was closed I hadn't shut it properly, might be worth (if you haven't already) giving it a bit of a slam, careful now..

Relax, it's something simple, enjoy your new motor!!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
£ to a pinch of salt it's the tailgate

G

·
I got one of them!

Rads dunna needs bleeding, just get a knocking sound. :?:

Any plumbers in da house?

My god, how we can go OT! :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.