Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need 4 new tyres on my TT. Don't wanna get anything cheap so thought I would go slightly mid range. What would people recommend out of these 2? Kumho 712 or Nankang NSII? They are near enough the same price but is there any difference in them really?

Cheers

·
Registered
292 Posts
Paul,

If i were you steer clear of the Kumho - i had them on mine for 3 months - its a case of making sure you have plenty of headache tablets available as the noise out of them is awful and you feel every stone you go over so make sure if you have any fillings that they are secure :roll: .

Me personally id go with the Nankang :p :p

Lee

·
Registered
775 Posts
Ditto, there were 2 Nankangs on the front of mine when i got it, needless to say they were taken off within 50 miles..... even with quattro i couldnt get grip!! steer clear if you pardon the pun!

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
I found the RSTT reps I had fitted which came with Nankang NSII were pretty impressive for a budget tyre, not as good as a premium tyre in the wet but that's to be expected. They were quite hard wearing too hence not so good in the wet but you can't usually have both good wet grip and long life. Having said this the grip in the wet was quite predictable and not scary!

IIRC, Jbell rates them quite highly for a budget tyre too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.