Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just bought my second TT, silver 225 2001 reg 33,000 miles, 1 owner from new FASH. :D
Before i bought it i ran a vag scanner on it, only code that came up was 17608-163 boost pressure control valve (N249) mechanical malfunction:p1200 static- no define.
Cleared the code, started engine rescanned, no code.Drove car home resanned code back no others.
Obviously this was triggered by higher revs.
Things we`ve checked from forum info, vaccum hoses, all perfect, some posts have linked this code to the Diverter valve, but unsure how to test....
Engine seems to be running a bit lumpy right through rev range, very promanent vibration at 2500k, making the grill underneath the exhaust cat area vibrate.
Would this symptom be caused by either device failing?Other than this car running well, although i have noticed that the rev needle is slightly going up and down, hunting.
Any imput greatly recieved you`ve all been great in the past with my first mark 1 which was a right beaatcch. :oops:

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
the N249 valve is quite a common fault on its own, possibly worth replacing that as thats where its saying the problem is :?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.