Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..... so I'm nearing 12 months ownership of my TT. I've spent a lot more on the car than I intended but it's been a good experience and I'm still 'into' the car. Today I got my clocks back after having the display replaced - it was suffering with a lot of failed pixels. For the first time ever I can read what's being reported!!!

Onto the final few jobs which is a fuel filter and pollen filter. Euro Car Parts list really reasonably priced pattern parts but I'm wondering if it's worth me buying genuine VAG parts for these items? They're quite a bit more expensive but if they are worth it then I don't mind paying extra.

I am planning to keep the car and have being documenting its service history and all receipts, etc... From a resale perspective would anyone care if I use a no-brand pollen filter rather than a Bosch, etc....

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
Depends what part you’re looking at.

For pollen filter I use Mann FP2862

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I don't think there's any problem with quality filters like Mann, Wix, etc.

I know these guys aren't in your corner of the world, but they have good parts listing and clearly show OE, OEM and aftermarket. You can use them as a guide to scope out what you might want to use:

Reactions: Wilky1974

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Depends what part you’re looking at.

For pollen filter I use Mann FP2862
Pollen filter and fuel filter David. I have seen the same Mann filter - so much cheaper than the item from VAG. I'm starting to think that I should just buy the cheaper parts from ECP.

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
Pollen filter and fuel filter David. I have seen the same Mann filter - so much cheaper than the item from VAG. I'm starting to think that I should just buy the cheaper parts from ECP.
The OEM pollen filter is a Mann part. The carbon combi version. I’ve used that in the past but recently the FP version appeared, so I’ve changed to that.

I’m sure the OEM fuel filter is a Bosch part, so a Bosch part in a Bosch box rather than a VW box isn’t an issue.

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,702 Posts
Hi, My OEM air & pollen filter were Mann, so buy the Mann parts from ECP or Carparts4less same company but sometimes a big difference in prices.
Don't take too much notice of the "discounts" compare the 2 companys prices at the time.
Hoggy.:)

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
If you’ve got Amazon Prime, prices on there delivered to your doorstep are worth checking.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
The factory fuel filter on
my TT was KHO, whoever they are.
I replaced it with a Genuine filter and that was a Sofima brand item Made in China.
Mann are a very good filter maker OEM to VW/Audi and Mercedes ( and probably more) and I use them without question.
As long as you stick to OEM brands I don’t think you can go wrong , I personally only use Genuine oil filters though on the TT ( metal cartridge type).
I’ve compared Mann ‘aftermarket’ paper-type oil filters from ECP to a Genuine Audi Mann filter for my A3 and they were identical in every way.
Except the price , the ECP Mann ones were about 50% less.
Drinkware Fluid Cylinder Liquid Drink

·
Registered
9,934 Posts
most people buying an old car will not trust the DIY service history, receipts or not - and lets say 90% of TT Mark1 buyers are expecting to do a full service, cam belt service and then start fixing the bits they find are broken, or they break trying to fix stuff..

these are one of the few cars that actually care if the oil is changed.

·
Registered
2003 Glacier blue TT
166 Posts
When i got my TT i had a receipt for the sump and pickup pipe cleaned 10 months before i baught it i took it of just to make sure and it was sludged up receipt not worth the paper it written on. Better to do things yourself then you know its done.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
..... so I'm nearing 12 months ownership of my TT. I've spent a lot more on the car than I intended but it's been a good experience and I'm still 'into' the car. Today I got my clocks back after having the display replaced - it was suffering with a lot of failed pixels. For the first time ever I can read what's being reported!!!

Onto the final few jobs which is a fuel filter and pollen filter. Euro Car Parts list really reasonably priced pattern parts but I'm wondering if it's worth me buying genuine VAG parts for these items? They're quite a bit more expensive but if they are worth it then I don't mind paying extra.

I am planning to keep the car and have being documenting its service history and all receipts, etc... From a resale perspective would anyone care if I use a no-brand pollen filter rather than a Bosch, etc....
Nothing wrong with cheaper parts. It's only electrical items that i would avoid.
I change my fuel filter every two years well the mechanic does while he's waiting for the engine oil to drain.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts