Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
996cab said:
...anyone here done a drive to Le Mans and stayed overnight to watch the racing. Thinking of doing the same with my son this summer, is it worth it?
Yes, yes & yes....will be my 9th year in 10 this June (only missed one as a wedding and honeymoon got in the way :wink: )

Having said that, if you haven't already booked camping or accomodation you might be struggling at this stage.

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
andya said:
996cab said:
...anyone here done a drive to Le Mans and stayed overnight to watch the racing. Thinking of doing the same with my son this summer, is it worth it?
Yes, yes & yes....will be my 9th year in 10 this June (only missed one as a wedding and honeymoon got in the way :wink: )

Having said that, if you haven't already booked camping or accomodation you might be struggling at this stage.
Interesting about the camping...I will get to it now. Was going to leave it till nearer the time before booking, thx for the prompt!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,388 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have been and went last year with another owners club I'm on. It's better to camp a little way out from the track as the facilities are a lot better IMHO. We stayed at a beautifull chateau with excellent facilities about nine miles from the track area...

·
Registered
645 Posts
andya said:
They've done it for the last few years.
Previously it has involved camping (though they provided the gear). Looks like there is a hotel this time.

I agree that it is a bit expensive, however!

Cheers,
Dan

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
heathstimpson said:
I have been and went last year with another owners club I'm on. It's better to camp a little way out from the track as the facilities are a lot better IMHO. We stayed at a beautifull chateau with excellent facilities about nine miles from the track area...
Only problem with staying away from the track is fighting your way though the traffic which can be horrific...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.