Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 TT 150 cabriolet which has developed a leak in the driver side footwell (front section only). I have taken it to Audi as they should know their cars better although more expensive.

I had an initial examination which didn't find anything so they did an more extensive test removing seat and carpet at £300.
This has also not brought a solution. They say it is not the seals in the door or roof or the drains. They thought it was either a floor box which has a void or a seam behind the dashboard. Their next suggestion was removing the dashboard at a further £300 to see if this is the problem as they say it is very unusual on TTs??. I have looked on the forum for suggestions to give them which they also ruled out. The car is still with them waiting for me to make a decision tomorrow am.

I have only had the car for 2 years and it is normally kept undercover at work and at night but for the past 3 months has had to be outside during the day.

Has anyone had a similar problem? Any suggestions as what I should do next? Or any recommendations As to another garage in the Coventry area to take it too????

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Getting in thrugh the vents maybe? I think I may have ssen a post about leaves blocking vents or something to that effect. Sorry i can't be moe helpful. Somenone should be along soon with more info. :)

·
Registered
83,936 Posts
I had a problem with a leak on my roadster the water was getting in where the quarter light window meets the roof and dripping on to the carpet had to adjust the door to fix it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts