Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car come back from its first service on friday and they done an interior clean due to some issues when i first got the car (long story).

I have magma red leather which was patchy and glossy when in went in and now its matt and just like new... anyone know what sort of leather cleaner/feed/ conditioner would do this as i want to buy some
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
I just use the Audi leather cleaner - it comes in a small box and contains 2 bottles , a small sponge and a polishing cloth. One bottle is for cleaning the leather and the other contains the leather cream that you apply afterwards.
 

·
Registered
TTS Vegas Yellow • M5 Sapphire Black
Joined
·
395 Posts
I've just used Meguiars Gold Class Leather Cleaner and Conditioner on mine (I also have Magma) and it did the trick.

Meguiar also do separate Cleaner and Conditioner products if you want to do it in two stages. All their stuff has Aloe Vera in it as well.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
4,806 Posts
Post 4 of this thread - all you need to know on how to keep youir leather looking good with minimal effort and outlay.

http://www.********.co.uk/ttforumbbs/vi ... ht=leather

For those using products cointaining Aloe Vera etc - don't! They leave a greasy dust/dirt attracting film that'll do your leather more damage than good!

Dave.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
368 Posts
Jac-in-a-Box said:
Post 4 of this thread - all you need to know on how to keep youir leather looking good with minimal effort and outlay.

http://www.********.co.uk/ttforumbbs/vi ... ht=leather

For those using products cointaining Aloe Vera etc - don't! They leave a greasy dust/dirt attracting film that'll do your leather more damage than good!

Dave.
What he linked....got the same product and my leather is being treated once a week and it also restores that nice leather smell when you get into the car.....not that i need it as its not quite a month old...but the seats look as if they havent been sat on after application
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,091 Posts
Liquid Leather always. I've been using it for years. Fantastic stuff. Really good at looking after leather steering wheels too. Stops them going shiny.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
506 Posts
I thought it is not recommended to use leather treatments incase it gives it the shiny vinyl look - never treated my seats in the E46 M3 with anything in during the 18 months of ownership and it was as good as new.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,300 Posts
syc23 said:
I thought it is not recommended to use leather treatments incase it gives it the shiny vinyl look - never treated my seats in the E46 M3 with anything in during the 18 months of ownership and it was as good as new.
Liquid Leather does not do this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,091 Posts
syc23 said:
I thought it is not recommended to use leather treatments incase it gives it the shiny vinyl look - never treated my seats in the E46 M3 with anything in during the 18 months of ownership and it was as good as new.
Liquid Leather keeps the leather's matt finish. It 'removes' the shine that occurs due to dirt, sweat, etc. All leather should be cleansed and conditioned to keep it supple.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
368 Posts
GhosTTy said:
Liquid Leather always. I've been using it for years. Fantastic stuff. Really good at looking after leather steering wheels too. Stops them going shiny.
Agreed...mine look so matt when done its almost as if its brushed suede going in one direction its that matt...only way i know how to describe it....looks perfect
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top