Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I received a letter today saying I could have the TTS bi-xenon LED daytime running lights fitted for my TT for £895 including Parts and Fitting.

I have the standard halogen lights so is this definitely right? Sure I read on the Audi sight that you need to have Xenon's fitted?

Also, I'm sure TTs owners hate this and I'm not doing it to make it look like a TTS, I just really like them!

Also, assuming I can get this done do they fit the DRL control in the car, next to the automatic settings and full beam etc.

Also, £895 is a lot of money for some stupid lights :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Doubt that will be fitting from halogen. Think you need to have xenon lights fitted already. It will probably say on the letter somewhere I imagine.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hemTT said:
Doubt that will be fitting from halogen. Think you need to have xenon lights fitted already. It will probably say on the letter somewhere I imagine.
Hi, thats what I always thought but it says 'we thought you might like to know that the base model Audi TT can now have TTS bi-xenon LED daytime running lights fitted.'

I hope its not an error?

It does on about the advantages being 'Greater Visibility' and that DRL's are included.

So its not like its just for the DRL's.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any Ideas? I'm sure this is wrong but then again why would they send me the letter if it wasn't correct, unless its an error???

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
TheDude said:
It does on about the advantages being 'Greater Visibility' and that DRL's are included.

That could well mean just greater visiibilty to other road users though?

That's a lot of money if it's just for the DRLs, but I'd be interested in the outcome.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
igotone said:
TheDude said:

That could well mean just greater visiibilty to other road users though?

That's a lot of money if it's just for the DRLs, but I'd be interested in the outcome.
Would be a bit harsh if I can't have this as they know what spec car I have and Id like to think they wouldnt send them to everyone.

It says the Base Model TT which would be without Xenon's.

Will ring Monday morning when the service desk is open!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The below is from audi website. It starts by saying owners of base model but then continues to refer tto xenon. I think they mean base model as in non TTS or 3.2

Owners of the base model Audi TT can now have TTS bi-xenon LED daytime running lights fitted.
The Audi TTS headlight kit enhances the TT's sporty appearance while improving road safety. The LEDs run throughout the day to increase the TT's visibility to other road users. Because LEDs use less energy than conventional halogen lights, their life expectancy is longer.

Advantages of LED headlights include:
- They adopt the look of the Audi TTS
- The kit includes daytime running lights
- Greater visibility means increased road safety
- No TÜV registration required
- Low fitting costs - easy exchange of headlights with re-coding in accordance with the installation instructions

Package includes:
- Xenon headlights with right and left-hand LED daytime running lights
- Integral light control unit and gas discharge lamp
- Installation instructions
- Warning sticker

Compatible with the following models:
Audi TT Coupe (8J) produced from 05/2006 to 07/2006* and from 05/2007 onwards
Audi TT Roadster (8J) from 05/2007 onwards.

*This break in compatibility is because of a software update on control units that were installed at the factory during this period.

It is only possible to retrofit TTS headlights to TTs with the equivalent headlight factory fitted:
1. TT with xenon headlights (PX4) with adaptive light can only be retro-fitted with TTS headlights with adaptive light (AFS - 8J2052180A)
2. TT with xenon headlights (PX4) without adaptive light can only be retro-fitted with TTS headlights without adaptive light (AFS - 8J2052180)

The kit cannot be retro-fitted to vehicles with halogen headlights.

For more information or pricing please contact our parts department.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hemTT said:
The below is from audi website. It starts by saying owners of base model but then continues to refer tto xenon. I think they mean base model as in non TTS or 3.2

Owners of the base model Audi TT can now have TTS bi-xenon LED daytime running lights fitted.
The Audi TTS headlight kit enhances the TT's sporty appearance while improving road safety. The LEDs run throughout the day to increase the TT's visibility to other road users. Because LEDs use less energy than conventional halogen lights, their life expectancy is longer.

Advantages of LED headlights include:
- They adopt the look of the Audi TTS
- The kit includes daytime running lights
- Greater visibility means increased road safety
- No TÜV registration required
- Low fitting costs - easy exchange of headlights with re-coding in accordance with the installation instructions

Package includes:
- Xenon headlights with right and left-hand LED daytime running lights
- Integral light control unit and gas discharge lamp
- Installation instructions
- Warning sticker

Compatible with the following models:
Audi TT Coupe (8J) produced from 05/2006 to 07/2006* and from 05/2007 onwards
Audi TT Roadster (8J) from 05/2007 onwards.

*This break in compatibility is because of a software update on control units that were installed at the factory during this period.

It is only possible to retrofit TTS headlights to TTs with the equivalent headlight factory fitted:
1. TT with xenon headlights (PX4) with adaptive light can only be retro-fitted with TTS headlights with adaptive light (AFS - 8J2052180A)
2. TT with xenon headlights (PX4) without adaptive light can only be retro-fitted with TTS headlights without adaptive light (AFS - 8J2052180)

The kit cannot be retro-fitted to vehicles with halogen headlights.

For more information or pricing please contact our parts department.
Cheers for that!

Although I cant say I'm to happy that they have sent me a letter saying I can have them when I can't?

So is it not possible to change my lights to xenon's?

Think Ill ring Audi and tell them not to send me letter's which don't apply to me, complete lack of care! :x

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I still maybe wrong. Worth a phone call to confirm. Then when they say you can't that's your opening for a telling off.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's the letter I received.

It calls it the 'Audi TTS headlight kit'!

Not the 'Daytime Running Light Kit' like on the Accessories website,
http://www.audi.co.uk/audi/owners-a...ssories-searcher/details.do?accessoryId=13348

Yet again though, this is most likely an error as surely they would charge more to have the xenon lights put in.

However it specifically states 'Base Model TT'

Surely it wouldn't say 'the kit includes daytime running lights' if that's all it was? Wouldn't that be pretty obvious?

I can't help but think I'm going to be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I dont know about improving road safety, in todays telegraph it says that drivers have been dazzled by xenon lights and that steps will be taken to ensure they are safe. Does not say what steps.

·
Registered
31,059 Posts
Can't say I'm happy Audi dealers are offer exclusive equipment to base models either......
Spits in the face of the customers when Audi says they done wanted mod'd cars.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Toshiba said:
Can't say I'm happy Audi dealers are offer exclusive equipment to base models either......
Spits in the face of the customers when Audi says they done wanted mod'd cars.
Hey,

I know you don't support this but how would you read this letter?

Would you assume there is now an additional TTS Headlight Pack or do you think they have just messed up and this only applies if you have xenons?

·
Registered
31,059 Posts
Its Xenons to Xenon/LEDs only. but Bryn had his convered to Xenons by Lazydaz.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just rang my local Audi about the letter I received and they said they would be able to fit the bi-xenon's with Led Lights?

I then asked her to check as I didn't think they could update from halogen's.

She went away and checked with the service manager and said that they could do it because they just replace the entire unit???

Im getting a call back soon...

However Im expecting that it will be to say she has made a mistake and I can't actually have them after all! :x

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Interesting. Don't get your hopes up till they confirm.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
newt said:
I dont know about improving road safety, in todays telegraph it says that drivers have been dazzled by xenon lights and that steps will be taken to ensure they are safe. Does not say what steps.
Will they also take steps to ensure the opposite I wonder? aka the silly muppets who I see day to day without any lights on at all AT NIGHT! :x

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hemTT said:
Thats the annoying thing, Ive told myself that theres no chance, yet when you get told they will do it there's always a tinge of hope! :mrgreen:

Surely even if they charged me more they would still make a large profit for something that they could do quite easily.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
TheDude said:
hemTT said:
Thats the annoying thing, Ive told myself that theres no chance, yet when you get told they will do it there's always a tinge of hope! :mrgreen:

Surely even if they charged me more they would still make a large profit for something that they could do quite easily.
I wouldn't put it past them getting it wrong and having to come back to you stating you already require factory fitted xenons before they can replace with LED xenons. If not i'm sure quite a few people on here would be interested. The only thing I kind of regret not having is xenons.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Toshiba said:
Its Xenons to Xenon/LEDs only. but Bryn had his convered to Xenons by Lazydaz.
Yes and I bought these of him and had Hazydayz fit them. I originally had Halogen lights and the only extra needed was a small wiring loom. If retrofitted its not a legal requiremnet to have auto levelling.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.