Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just fitted LED number plate lights. Thought I'd share pics. Didn't realise how bright they'd be. Really light up the drive and also good when boot lids open as it illuminates the inside aswell.

·
Registered
11,940 Posts
Do you have a direct link as I am being thick and can't see them, also v tired

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
looks great - just waiting for alltronix to bring them out for MY10...

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Looking good and they are very bright - same ones as me then (although I have the MY10 prototypes :p)

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
anty1985 said:
mine have just arrived - Does anyone have any step by step or a useful tips on how to replace.

Thanks
They look good! Is there a 'How To' for fitting?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Fitting is very easy. push the holders to the right and they will pop out and simply exhange the bulbs ensuring that the LED'S are facing the correct way. Then pop it back and the jobs complete! :D

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
anty1985 said:
Fitting is very easy. push the holders to the right and they will pop out and simply exhange the bulbs ensuring that the LED'S are facing the correct way. Then pop it back and the jobs complete! :D
Thanks!
[smiley=cheers.gif]

·
Registered
196 Posts
Not to throw cold water on this . . .

but when I switched to LEDs on my 2008 my rear wiring harness melted and was a few hours away from catching fire before the DIS alerted me to a bulb problem. I used LEDs from Germany, I think xenonwhite or something. No one else had problems with them....but my car found a way to make even this simple mod dramatic for more reasons than just the white light on my plate!

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Taipei-TT said:

but when I switched to LEDs on my 2008 my rear wiring harness melted and was a few hours away from catching fire before the DIS alerted me to a bulb problem. I used LEDs from Germany, I think xenonwhite or something. No one else had problems with them....but my car found a way to make even this simple mod dramatic for more reasons than just the white light on my plate!
I used the Xenonwhite LED's in my TT for over a year and not one problem arose. May just be a freak problem?

·
Registered
331 Posts
McKenzie said:
Taipei-TT said:

I used the Xenonwhite LED's in my TT for over a year and not one problem arose. May just be a freak problem?
No wonder why you got rid of your car. It must of have been jinked.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.