Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I found some boost leaks on my 225 BAM. I have those fixed now. When I now go full throttle, for a small moment I have full power, which is then reduced (by the ecu?). Boost stays constant and doesnt change during this. It is chipped to about 20psi aswell. Any ideas what this could be caused by?

·
Registered
10,396 Posts
maybe it was mapped when it was unhealthy and now you have made it healthy it is boosting too much and getting intervention, by either ignition retard through knocking, cutting the load or closing the throttle plate.

use something like Visual ME7 Logger to log the car

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
maybe it was mapped when it was unhealthy and now you have made it healthy it is boosting too much and getting intervention, by either ignition retard through knocking, cutting the load or closing the throttle plate.

use something like Visual ME7 Logger to log the car
This makes sense, when I bought the TT, it was already mapped and one leak in particular seemed to have some age to it aswell. I'm gonna log those values later today.

·
Registered
10,396 Posts
yeah you need things like
RPM
IGNITION RETARD Cylinders 1-4,
DESIRED LOAD,
ACTUAL LOAD,
MAF G/S,
DESIRED LAMBDA,
ACTUAL LAMBDA,
OVERALL TIMING,
THROTTLE PLATE ANGLE,
DESIRED BOOST,
ACTUAL BOOST,
FUEL INJECTOR DUTY CYCLE (might need "on time" then work out the % based on RPM),
WASTEGATE DUTY CYCLE,
IAT,
EGT

Visual ME7 Logger is far better than VCDS - as it can run 20 samples per second and concurrent readings of all the sensors. VCDS is trash for logging.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah you need things like
RPM
IGNITION RETARD Cylinders 1-4,
DESIRED LOAD,
ACTUAL LOAD,
MAF G/S,
DESIRED LAMBDA,
ACTUAL LAMBDA,
OVERALL TIMING,
THROTTLE PLATE ANGLE,
DESIRED BOOST,
ACTUAL BOOST,
FUEL INJECTOR DUTY CYCLE (might need "on time" then work out the % based on RPM),
WASTEGATE DUTY CYCLE,
IAT,
EGT

Visual ME7 Logger is far better than VCDS - as it can run 20 samples per second and concurrent readings of all the sensors. VCDS is trash for logging.
So i just finished logging on the Autobahn and im a little bit concerned. From what i can tell its running lean. In one 4th gear pull EGT even reached 1000°C. After that pull power dropped, which you can even tell by the MAF in the data. I'll attach the log.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,396 Posts
There's EGT intervention in the map tables, most 'tuners' don't touch that as it is designed to chuck in a load of fuel to cool the engine down.. there's like a BTS Map which is switched on to under certain conditions too.

Have you got a stage 2 map without any hardware updates (downpipe / FMIC) ...?

Have you changed anything, like an actuator
As the stock P.I.D tables in the map are designed for 6psi.... and people think they're improving the car putting in a 1bar actuator when it just creates a bunch of cr#p .... ( trust me, I did it... IMO its really hard to 'finely' tune a 1 bar actuator - it easily goes wild and hits 40+ psi, or you can be conservative... then don't get the maximum controllable power when the conditions are right )

I will try and get some screen-shots from TunerPro but over 920°C EGT will switch to a protection map..

without the intervention the hotside cracks, but they crack anyway... :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought the TT already tuned, so i cant say who, how and what was tuned. I have only fitted a 3 inch catback exhaust system right now. Does this point to a bad tune? Fuel pump I would assume is original aswell. The previous owner actually never mentioned it being tuned when i bought it... I only figured out myself

·
Registered
10,396 Posts
BTW.... that's great to see you actually have a decent log.... I cannot check tonight, have you downloaded ECUPLOT that's a short cut for decent logs..

Do you have a 4bar FPR? The AFR / Lambda does seem to be dragging it's feet a bit... but I have only seen thR amount of decimal places when I was trying to get a 4 bar FPR street tuned

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, FPR, downpipe and intercoolers all stock. I only added the cat back exhaust.
Yes, I used ECUxPlot to view the logs. Can I also log fuel pressure or will I need to hook up a gauge?

·
Registered
10,396 Posts
you can see the actual AFR couldn't keep up with the desired - and ignition retard, probably because of the mixture. I expect the desired is way lower than the mapped values trying to compensate for the lean running and EGT and the EGT is probably high because of the lack of fuel, it is a case of one thing cause other things..

White Light Product Rectangle Black

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Today I installed the new fuel pump, the DW65V. Just did some logging with it again and the leaning issue seems to be fixed now. Fuel injector duty cycle still reaches 105% for a short time tho, so ill look into getting bigger injectors aswell. Also I dont like the tune for only wanting 0.95 lambda on full throttle aswell, should be more like 0.85 in my opinion, so im thinking of getting a better tune aswell.

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
Today I installed the new fuel pump, the DW65V. Just did some logging with it again and the leaning issue seems to be fixed now. Fuel injector duty cycle still reaches 105% for a short time tho, so ill look into getting bigger injectors aswell. Also I dont like the tune for only wanting 0.95 lambda on full throttle aswell, should be more like 0.85 in my opinion, so im thinking of getting a better tune aswell.
That's the standard BAM fueling method, hold 0.95 and then chuck in loads of fuel when the EGT passes a threshold. A good map would improve things but at least you are much less at risk of melting the engine or turbo now.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts