Audi TT Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
Great result... after clearly fixing the fault.... the actual AFR is nicely tracking the desired, instead of ťhe lunacy you saw before.

In all honesty, you are this far though now...

So get something to read,/write ECU flash bin file (KKL ,/ Mpps), tunerpro and the tunerpro checksum plug-in, then just update your own map to do a better do fielling strategy. But in my opinion the issues with hitting the EGT sensor limit will be resolved with a beautiful 3inch downpipe.

·
Registered
21 Posts
wow. the fuel pump was definitely the culprit! i'm proud of you for solving that so quickly.
I would have chased so many different things first.

and as many said. the .95 fueling is pretty standard on stock maps.
stuart is correct, it is super easy to adjust the fueling down to .85 as you desired on your own.

BUT i should warn you, there is a sea of learning involved in diy tuning. I'm right there with you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yes, ill defenetly look into adjust the fueling myself. I already have the ECU Bin file ready. Is there any documentation that you can recommend to get into the topic?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Yes, I found the S4 tuning wiki very helpful. I already had a look over the LAMFA map and even found a mistake from the tuner. He changed Lambda values from 0.95 to 0.93 but skipped the last value and left it at 0.95. Shows the quality of the tune...
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Audio equipment

I would adjust it to look like this, is it any good?
Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Technology

Should I also do some changes to the second to last row (99.51) or isnt it necessary?
I will also change the rev limiter down to 6800 again in NMAX and NMAXOG. It is raised to 7000 but I find it useless anyway because im not making much power that high anyways.

Finally, I only have one of those cheap blue ebay KKL cables. Is this even good enough to flash the ECU? Or should I get a better one for this job?

Attachments

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
You can use nefmoto and a blue kkl to flash the ECU.

You must create the Bin file with a checksum calculated too, otherwise you'll brick your ECU and need to 'bench flash' it...

If you are using tunerpro, you can get a free tunerpro checksum plug-in.

I use mpps and an mpps cable, to read / write the files. But I know IanW on here uses the k-line via bluee kkl and nefmoto.

I would test a simple read and write the same file back, making sure the file is 1024kb.

Before you drive the car make sure you can start the car, switch off, remove the key, start the car again... this is because if the checksum is not correct, the car will start once but then be locked.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes, I found the S4 tuning wiki very helpful. I already had a look over the LAMFA map and even found a mistake from the tuner. He changed Lambda values from 0.95 to 0.93 but skipped the last value and left it at 0.95. Shows the quality of the tune...
View attachment 486476

I would adjust it to look like this, is it any good?
View attachment 486477
Should I also do some changes to the second to last row (99.51) or isnt it necessary?
I will also change the rev limiter down to 6800 again in NMAX and NMAXOG. It is raised to 7000 but I find it useless anyway because im not making much power that high anyways.

Finally, I only have one of those cheap blue ebay KKL cables. Is this even good enough to flash the ECU? Or should I get a better one for this job?
I would have liked to hear stuartDB opinion on your fueling changes. as he is far more experienced than i am.
But i'll give you my opinion anyways:

Yes your map changes look ok. I might want a little richer, like .8 because 20lbs boost. but i have heard that .85 is fine on 1.8t so u might be ok. Also I do usually change the next row up. mabye put it at .9 but leave the 1krpm row at 1.0.

how does your boost curve look?
what kind of fuel?
have you logged ignition correction factors at all? ie: timing pull?

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
Yeah.... I am not a fan of only having the last row with enrichment.. if you read the various articles 0.85 is 12.5:1 (best for power) but I think that table is 'pedal position' and not throttle plate angle, so you end up having to drive on WOT, as often with bigger maps 70% pedal becomes 100% throttle plate angle.

Only the final row set to 0.95 is pretty much stock...

So I have 0.85 - 0.82 on the bottom row
0.92 - 0.87 second bottom
0.98 -0.92 third bottom

But you also need to consider other maps, as there's a table which assumes enrichment is from intervention so drops 3° in timing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah.... I am not a fan of only having the last row with enrichment.. if you read the various articles 0.85 is 12.5:1 (best for power) but I think that table is 'pedal position' and not throttle plate angle, so you end up having to drive on WOT, as often with bigger maps 70% pedal becomes 100% throttle plate angle.
gtfo i didn't know that. well u learn something new every day.
I was doing the 2nd and 3rd row just because It seemed like good practice.
but now that I know bout plate angle, I'll flesh them out a bit.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts