Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

One thing that I have noticed about my newly purchased TT is that there is no audible alarm to advise that I have left my lights on or left my keys in the ignition.

Is this how it should be? If not, what do I need to do to resolve?

Cheers guys

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,341 Posts
Hi Taptaptap, Probably lock microswitch in door has failed.
Do your windows drop/raise when opening/closing door & do you get door open indication in DIS.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
83,928 Posts
There is no alarm to tell you you have left your keys in the ignition

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi,
I have the exact same issue,
my garage has played with the microswitch whilst fixing another fault with my windows. They informed me that it is the actual lock that needs replacing- a simple job i believe. Anyway I will race you to Ebay to buy a driver door lock.

To confirm, with mine, the window will not drop on the driver side, the lights dont tell you they are on and also you will notice that the flasher for the alarm is not blinking on that side only.
But the alarm is still active and the car locks using the fob and the physical key so it is not a biggy at present.

Try the microswitch though - there are feeds here about that too and how to do a bodge job though for £40 a lock of ebay would be my preffered option, a new lock via my garage is I think about £100- £150.

Good luck.

·
Registered
340 Posts
taptaptap said:
I do not know what DIS is?
"DIS" are the screen(s) that show your door open symbol / miles to empty / radio station info etc..

This is a photo of mine as the top one highlighted in the circle wasn't always in use (As its an early 180 model).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys

Ok, the drivers window does not drop when closing and the fact that the door is open does not display on the DIS.

How can I go about fixing this?

Adivce is appreciated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts