Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the Liquid TT unit you plug it into the vagcom port, does that plug have any electronic circuitry inside it or just the 4 wires I could hard wire into the cable that supplies the port??

·
Registered
31,647 Posts
There's a couple of how tos on here one by my ol mucker BigSyd.

I'd find it but I need my beauty sleep as I have a days health and safety training tomorrow. Can't wait.

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers James..........You BEAUT!! :D A whole day of common sense do's and dont's mixed in with a good dollop of bullshit, I dont envy you... :cry:

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stueyturn said:
http://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=184038

;) courtesy of BigSyd
Dogs danglies that is, thanks Stuey....and Big Syd. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
A blast from the past :D , if the thought of cutting the plug from your liquid bothers you ( you can get replacement from supplier or eBay ) the other good way is to hard wire an odb socket on the back of the original and then just plug in and tuck behind the trim as there is plent room 8)

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Yeah that was the way wak recommended doing it right? Still needs to be on the knowledge base so it won't get lost again .
Hated the thought of having a plug stuck in the socket and wires hanging about no need to worry now.

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1sttt said:
This should be on the knowledge base . Great write up .
Merln get some pics of your in line switch for me as I can see myself doing this soon. :p
I'll be doing it in a few weeks time, way too busy at present so just preparing the groundwork. :D

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1sttt said:
Lol top man merlin. :p :p
Ok so now the plan is in motion, rather than directly switching the K line I have bought a small switch with an LED 'ON' indication and a relay board, this means that the liquid TT will be connected to the K line when the small switch and its LED indication is off, also the K line to the diagnostic port will be disconnected. When switched 'ON' the little red LED will light and the K line to the diagnostic port will be connected and the liquid TT K line disconnected, also gives me a common, NO and NC set of connections free to use on my angel eye DRL's when I get around to it but another relay or a few diodes will be needed for that.

The IPod is next to them for scale.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts