Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon

I've finally ordered one of these for my air vent, fully made up and ready to fit. It's due to arrive on Monday, having been posted on Friday.

I'm slightly anxious about an item in the instructions on the web site. It concerns vibration and how to avoid damage to the PCB. How have you guys dealt with this in practical terms? Did you take the hot glue or araldite route? How difficult was it to do? Did you think of any other way to secure the 9 pin to stop any vibration, either instead of or in addition to the one suggested?

Thanks for your input.

Joe

Pics:

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I bought a decorators sponge to block up the vent to stop the liquid getting warm air. After cutting it to size, i cut a small piece off and shoved it into the gap as marked with the yellow dots. Jobs a goodin :p

G

·
TT Boycie said:
I bought a decorators sponge to block up the vent to stop the liquid getting warm air. After cutting it to size, i cut a small piece off and shoved it into the gap as marked with the yellow dots. Jobs a goodin :p
lol, good stuff, but nothing to do with the question he asked :lol:

I used a glue gun, blobbed it all down between the connector and the plastic surround. but use the proper glue sticks, not the cheap stuff, that just melts again :D

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Whilst waiting for the unit to arrive, I've obtained a sheet of high density packing foam, cut it to a 'square' shape larger than the 'squarish' vent opening, covered it in silver oven foil/bacofoil and pushed/forced it into place. I'm happy with that. There isn''t a whisper of air coming through now. So far as the other 'problem' is concerned I can't move on fully as I haven't yet received the LiquidTT but I will certainly follow the insruction as to using hot glue or silicon to stabilise the 9 pin connector. Similar to what has been mentioned, I'm thinking about helping out the connector by giving it further support with some of the high density packing foam in much the same way as described above. The difference being that I am trying to devise a way of supporting the connector from both sides. I think maybe cutting out a complete circle from the foam, then making a split, making two halves. The split, perhaps a few millimetres wide will coincide with the connector, and will allow the foam to be put in place inside the perimeter of the air vent moulding. This will also further serve to keep any unexpected stray air away from the PCB.

I'm also considering making a hole in the square moulding leading up to the vent so that 'frustrated' air can automatically be redirected elsewhere but that's not a priority. In the event of wishing to go back to standard, the hole could be blanked off with a grommet.

Until I receive the unit I can't say for sure how this will work. I'm a belt and brace Yorkshireman, so whatever I do, expect it to be 'rite' :lol: :lol:

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.