Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fitting my unit to the driver's side vent. Has anyone else used this vent? I would be grateful for any guidance as to how to bring the cable up to that particular vent. I can only find information regarding using the centre/right one.

Thanks in advance

Joe

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
You should be able to get enough access by simply removing the side fuse panel cover and inner trim section after removing the torx screws. All you need is to route the cable through and I think you can leave the slack behind the trim and pull out the plug by the bonnet release.

That's the no-nonsense approach. Personally I would remove the lower dash panel and route the cable neatly, but that's just me. :)

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
Had my lower dash off to change my fuel pump relay and it came off easy but was a right pain to get back on. Good luck joe. If you get stuck give me a shout and i can give you a hand.

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
malstt said:
Had my lower dash off to change my fuel pump relay and it came off easy but was a right pain to get back on. Good luck joe. If you get stuck give me a shout and i can give you a hand.
Thanks for the offer, Mal. I hope to receive it tomorrow. I'll let you know how I get on. Expect a 'phone call at 2 a.m. :lol:

Joe

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just done it.
Dont need to remove any panels. Do as the Liquid instructions suggest, and make a cable-tie/string thing.
The wire will come out behind the panel to the left of the clutch pedal.

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hoss said:
Just done it.
Dont need to remove any panels. Do as the Liquid instructions suggest, and make a cable-tie/string thing.
Did you mount the unit in the centre right vent or the driver's vent?

Joe

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PS I've read the instructions on the web site but they relate to the centre right vent. I'm wondering if the route is different for the driver's vent as anything to the left of the clutch pedal seems a long way off. Is the cable long enough to reach over to the driver's side vent from the left side of the cluth pedal?

Joe

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
fitted mine to the QS last week, all i did was remove the end panel and fuse box on the drivers side, with the centre right vent removed, a visit to my van for a long piece of welding rod i have for threading into awkward places (i am a spark so have lots of bits like this in my van) from the vent i pushed the rod to wards the fuse box area, the wire poped out, taped the liquid plug end to wire as it is the smaller plug and slowly pulled, ...came straight through no problems, then fed the ODB plug down to the socket, put all back together....no more than 1/2hr in fitted and tested

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bigsyd said:
fitted mine to the QS last week, all i did was remove the end panel and fuse box on the drivers side, with the centre right vent removed, a visit to my van for a long piece of welding rod i have for threading into awkward places (i am a spark so have lots of bits like this in my van) from the vent i pushed the rod to wards the fuse box area, the wire poped out, taped the liquid plug end to wire as it is the smaller plug and slowly pulled, ...came straight through no problems, then fed the ODB plug down to the socket, put all back together....no more than 1/2hr in fitted and tested
Syd, thanks a million. That is very helpful. I'm hoping for a delivery today.

Joe

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Joe

I removed no panels at all to fit mine to the drivers side middle vent, just a bit of patience and a few well chosen swear words was all that was required to feed it through :)

Charlie

·
Registered
66 Posts
Drivers side vent (not one of the middle vents)
I should point out that mine is LHD, but if the design is mirrored, the wire should pop out just right of the brake fro you.

TTCool said:
hoss said:
Just done it.
Did you mount the unit in the centre right vent or the driver's vent?

Joe

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Charlie said:
Joe

I removed no panels at all to fit mine to the drivers side middle vent, just a bit of patience and a few well chosen swear words was all that was required to feed it through :)

Charlie
Hi Charlie

I've finished procrastinating so now I can get on with the expletives :lol: :lol:

Joe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.