Please help.

Anyone with any clever ideas.

Thanks

Tris

·
Registered
379 Posts
hi

saw this trick on top gear, if you get someone who has the spare key transponder whilst pressing the unlock button whilst on the phone to you through there mobile phone, you hold your mobile phone up to your car and hey presto it relays the signal to your car and opens the lock

cheers

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im going to have to get a locksmith to break into my house.....

Then I might try that mobile phone trick.

If that works it will save me some time...

Hoping it will because that is super clever.

Thanks Keith

Tris

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
keithM said:
hi

saw this trick on top gear, if you get someone who has the spare key transponder whilst pressing the unlock button whilst on the phone to you through there mobile phone, you hold your mobile phone up to your car and hey presto it relays the signal to your car and opens the lock

cheers
:lol:

·
Registered
243 Posts
hi

cheers
This does work, tried it out with my Volvo a few months just to see if it works and it did

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
keithM said:
hi

cheers
Was it April 1?... sorry but thats an urban myth.. it doesnt actually work ... and if you believe somehting you saw on TopGear... :roll:

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
zarterone said:
hi

cheers
This does work, tried it out with my Volvo a few months just to see if it works and it did
And how far from the volvo were u? I have met several people who claim it worked for them... none have actually been able to demomstrate it in reality... it may have worked on some of the very old analogue locking systems togather with analogue phones... but no way it can work on a radio-based digital cyclic encoded keylock system and a digital cellular phone... in all the cases I locked at, when it did work there was another explanation... (like in most cases they were close enough that the phone wasn't needed!)

http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/keyless.asp

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Adam TTR said:
Well it works on my girlfriends Toyota Rav 4 and i can demonstrate it no problem....

Havent tried it with the TT tho...
OK Adam, I'm willing to be convinced... just how far away were you at the time? Of course I'd need to see it work under verifiable conditions...
.. and then I'd want to find out HOW it works!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi,
I did this last year :( its a total b1tch to get in to a TT in the end It took my chap nearly 3 hours to get into the car but it can be done with little damage.

I will send you a PM :)

Best regards,

Peter

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Chip_iTT said:
Adam TTR said:
Well it works on my girlfriends Toyota Rav 4 and i can demonstrate it no problem....

Havent tried it with the TT tho...
OK Adam, I'm willing to be convinced... just how far away were you at the time? Of course I'd need to see it work under verifiable conditions...
.. and then I'd want to find out HOW it works!
I was in Hertfordshire and Gemma was in Essex... she locked herself out and I opened it for her from my arm chair :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dont know if this is a load of boll**ks, but i heard someone say that you can put power through the gearbox reverse switch and it drops the windows, apparently a AA man done this. Sounds a little fair fetched to me but you never know!!!
Anyone know if this is true?

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Hiya,
Silly ass me did the keys in the boot trick while we were on holls last year in Dorset. Jackies face was a picture when I explained what I had done. Our two boxer dogs were a bit pissed off too as they were next to the keys.
RAC guy was there in 40 minuets and tried the cellphone trick back to our relation in brum. No go, we had though left one of the rear door windows down an inch and with the help of a long length of fence wire we managed to hook the keys.
PS. It was raining stair rods at the time too. :oops:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.