Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
97,209 Posts
Private Video.:oops:
Hoggy. :)

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Nobody has an opinion?
Looks ok to me but you should send to IE and they should be able to day for sure--their tune so they should know what #s you should be getting for boost, timing, etc.

Are you actually having any issues with the car?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is not a IE tune, No problems with the car. No fault code, but lambda 1 is all over the place an 25% on the top rpm, Trackday coming up and just want to make sure its ok. Dont want to risk anything if there is something funny going on, like leaning on top etc

·
Registered
2008 TTS
1,616 Posts
Rail pressure looks all over the place, but then the log suggests it's reading in mbar, not in BAR
Without the specified it's hard to understand what the rail is doing but it still doesn't look remotely right

Additionally as you pointed out yourself, the lambda trim is hitting 25% which, if I remember rightly is it's maximum point in the range. Can't remember which - or + is pulling or adding fuel

What map is in the car? Who calibrated it?
I would be sending your concerns to them - they should know what they are looking for if they truly know how to map a MED9 ECU

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks , I dont now who has maped it because the distributor wont say whos done the job. Its a well known distributor here in Norway. I will send the log to him so the mapper can take a look. I have returned it to stock because i dont want to do any damage to the engine. There is no knock acording to the log but it do look strange comparing to stock log.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did send the log to the distributor and he checked with his tuner. The answer he got was " This is the correct file and its used by many people on global basis. i dont even think the tuner took a look at my log file. Maybe its safe to drive with it, but i am now stock because i wont take any chance . Lambda could be high ( +25 ) because i havent drove it much before the log and long time fuel havent adjusted yet. No fault code or even funny behavier when i was tuned. Car was pulling all the way to redline. I recon if it was badly tuned the car would have had some knock but thats not the case and i believe i also would throw some fault code. Here are the log from stock car

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
This is the problem when you go with some lesser-known or shady shop/company for a tune--no support. Given you have a canned tune, you'd think they'd at least take a look at the logs but nope. The person that replied to you probably isn't doing any of the development/tuning and doesn't care about your log file and just gave you a generic answer :( I sure hope it was a lot cheaper than any of the "big guys" canned tunes...

I'm a bit puzzled as to why you have an IE cable if you didn't go with IE for the tune. Perhaps you have their TCU tune or have another car with IE tune on it?

Given you're not getting any support from the company, I'd say best place to go next is probably Nefmoto forums--someone there can probably actually look at your log and help you better.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I do have the tcu tune from IE. The distributor do have 26 years practice so i did think that it would be safe. Never heard anything negative about the tuning that he supply but he dont tune himself. He is just a distributor.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Hmm I never heard of a distributor that didn't tell you what products they were using but things might be different in Norway of course.

Hopefully someone on Nefmoto will give you some help or advice :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I do have an Ecu tune from IE, but the stage 1 98 octane did produce less than stock. They are looking into this as we speak i i will be using that if they can figure it out. Maybe they havent had an TTS with my ecu but the file i did got from them only asked for 0.85 bar boost :) . But again they are looking into it.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
i dont have high hope as Nefmoto is all about DIY :)
Well it is, so they can't tell you what to change or modify ('cause you aren't DIYing) but someone should be able to point out things that don't look right or might be unsafe. I mean you'll have to have someone kind enough to take a look and help you out, but lots of people online do that kind of stuff so cross your fingers!

That's real weird on the IE bit--hopefully they can figure it out, or at least refund you if not.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Yes. Hoping they can sort it out. Have heard that IE is a good tune
Very happy with my IE [Stage 2] tune :) Only couple of things I didn't like were:
-They insisted I "needed" a DSG tune. Since their DSG tune disables the kickdown with no option to not do that, I went with APR which IE said would be fine. It's not that I don't like the APR tune, I just think it was a total waste of money lol.

-Interestingly the tune creates pops and bangs above 4500 RPM or so, when lifting off. It's not advertised to do this, but there you have it. Could also be a combination of the CTS DP and their tune. Kind of a +/-. It's neat I guess, but I've never been a huge fan of "making noise". At least it's only when at higher RPM so not like it does it all the time.

Since I didn't have any issues with the tune, I can't really say how good they are with addressing problems but hopefully they can come through for you.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good to hear you havent had any problems with the tune. Have you logged it ? . I dont have any problems either, but my log says that something funny is going on. Got a mail from IE yesterday and they say the file is tricky, so there has to be diffrence from other TTS ecu. Will see if they are able to fix it. Otherwise i might just stay stock.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Good to hear you havent had any problems with the tune. Have you logged it ? . I dont have any problems either, but my log says that something funny is going on. Got a mail from IE yesterday and they say the file is tricky, so there has to be diffrence from other TTS ecu. Will see if they are able to fix it. Otherwise i might just stay stock.
I logged it before yeah but I wasn't looking for the same thing you were looking for. I wasn't concerned about track durability I was looking for a problem that caused a stutter whenever releasing and re-applying the throttle at highway speed. That was a DV problem, which was nicely solved with another DV+.

I didn't look at Lambda and all that and TBH this is not really my forte either (otherwise I'd be able to help you out better lol). I suspect most people, like myself, just get the tune and drive with it. If there's no real issues to speak of and no engine light or codes, most people would think it's just fine.

But, you're right that for track use, it's better to be 100% sure before proceeding--that's a lot of a different load than regular driving.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Street driving i would not bother doing the log as that is a diffrent driving style compared to track. Trackday is now over and the car performed well in stock form but rather dull performancewise compared to tuned 😁. Only small concern was oiltemp upto 135 degrees celsius. It was rather hot that day with 32.5 degrees celsius.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts