Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I mentioned in a previous thread I am thinking of selling my TT,

Just showed car to my friends daughter but her boyfriend keeps telling her Audi engines blow up. She drives a new Mini. Wait till she puts a gearbox in that.

Any way just wondered what you all thought of the price.

Its a 2001 TT Roadster done 32k with 3 Audi stamps in book, Has later wheels and grill, Baseball leather etc Only fault with car is stereo volume. But I have it set on level that is ok.
Now I bought the car as stolen recovered cat D but car is pretty much spot on for a 9 year old car

I have asked her £6500 taking into consideration it was cat D which I thought was super cheap with miles . The closest in auto Trader with 32k is £8750 same year not Baseball

So if any of you want it I have decided it can go and if she loses out on the bargain of the year then it will teach her.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
You should put this in the for sale section, probably get more luck.

I think a lot of people will be put off by the baseball leather and the fact it is a Cat D (I know that this is just a stigma, but it concerns many people who don't fully understand what it means)- ok it has very low mileage but it is still an oldish car. I think the price may be a touch ambitious personally , but wish you the best of luck with it.

EDIT - :oops: :oops: just reread it and had misread the price as the nearest comparable doh = I think that is a very good price :)

Charlie

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I dont think thats a bad price at all, ecspecially coming up to the summer, i know its a cat D but thats like the equivalent of getting a door ding in the car park, i like the baseball leather and 32k on the clock is nothing, its almost new!!
I dont think you will have any trouble at that price, if i can think of anyone i will be sure to pass on the info :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I thought £6500 was a good price. Its a shame the insurance company cat them as D. It really is a good car. I have tried to do all the jobs even down to putting new boot changer in and upgrading the wipers.

One part of me says sell and the other says keep it for the summer but I am just in the middle of repairing a 325 E30 cab and dont need 2 soft tops for myself

Will see what happens with her or if any one else wants it.

Alan

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I sold it. A profit is a profit.

I did really enjoy owning it but as a car dealer nothing is for keeps.

But I may be a TT owner again on Wednesday. I am watching one in an auction I buy from, Little bit of rear damage 2003 46k but only a 150 BHP.

But still a black roadster. Thanks for all the help and info i got and I hope I was able to give some advice to other members in return,

Alan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.