Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

Can't wait to pick up my new TT next week! It's a 225 2001 in that common blue!

Always a car I've fancied and even hope to convince the wife to drive it too!

Will read through the FAQ'S tonight to avoid any stupid questions!

Michael

·
Registered
83,929 Posts
Welcome :p

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,347 Posts
Hi Michael, Welcome to the TTF. Hope she's a good un. :p
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all! Having now spent the evening through 26 pages in the mk1 issues section.....Christ I hope I've got a good one! :p

Thank you all for the nice welcome!

Michael

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all! She's (not sure on the sex of the car yet!) is parked on the drive!

PO had been away for the weekend but all sorted now. A few niggles to sort, but nothing too alarming!

:p :p

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
misterstiggy said:
i thought black and silver were common? :D
hope its a goodun mike
should join you as tt newb very soon :wink:
Before I owned one I'd had said my blue was common, now I've got it I've not seen any in my colour! Sods law...

Saw an odd lime green and dark grey/black today in Wokingham, obviously not standrad but that's got to be pretty rare!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Oak said:

PO had been away for the weekend but all sorted now. A few niggles to sort, but nothing too alarming!

Being a newbie myself I don't think I'm in the position to say welcome, but I'm going to anyway.. Welcome!
If you're anywhere as excited as I was when I picked up my 2004 3.2 V6 Quattro Roadster last weekend, then I imagine you'll be having sleepless nights, spending far too much time staring at the car, sitting in it on the drive, and telling everyone you meet about how amazing it is..

My car has a few minor niggles too, and Audi parts prices for bits of plastic are a bit ridiculous - even the Audi Parts chap couldn't believe the price for a certain thin strip of plastic.

My advice to you at this stage would be, make sure you're either a member of the Shell loyalty scheme or have a Tesco Clubcard.. My monster's drank around £150 of fuel in around 4 days of fun driving. Most of all, enjoy and have fun - see if you can stop smiling after a week..

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
RichBTTV6Q said:
Oak said:

Being a newbie myself I don't think I'm in the position to say welcome, but I'm going to anyway.. Welcome!
If you're anywhere as excited as I was when I picked up my 2004 3.2 V6 Quattro Roadster last weekend, then I imagine you'll be having sleepless nights, spending far too much time staring at the car, sitting in it on the drive, and telling everyone you meet about how amazing it is..

My car has a few minor niggles too, and Audi parts prices for bits of plastic are a bit ridiculous - even the Audi Parts chap couldn't believe the price for a certain thin strip of plastic.

My advice to you at this stage would be, make sure you're either a member of the Shell loyalty scheme or have a Tesco Clubcard.. My monster's drank around £150 of fuel in around 4 days of fun driving. Most of all, enjoy and have fun - see if you can stop smiling after a week..
Thanks Rich!

To be honest economy has been good! I drive quite a few miles to work each week 750 to 800, so I drive like Miss Daisy in my old Merc. Getting 65pmg out of that at present and although I've taken the TT to work twice this week - I find myself driving it at the same suicidal painful slow speeds! I averaged 42mpg on the way home yesterday - which I believe is quite good going?!

Loving the car though so far - for the age of them I think they're still a very current modern looking car, well ahead of its time when they came out. One of those strange Peugeot TT rip-off passed today (RCZ?) and I still think Audi got it right first - 10 years before Peugeot tried and failed to copy it!

So here starts the "little bit there, little bit here" spending! Already spent at least £100 on small little bits and pieces (wiper blades, sidelight bulbs, VAG COM Lead etc....) and it's only the first few days!!! Ironically sold my old Golf as it was costing too much and yet I've spent £100 on the Audi just in this short time!

Good luck with yours - V6 must be a beast!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts