Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we took a deposit on the Z3 yesterday.
I'll be sorry to see it go,15yrs old and still looked as though it had just come out of the showroom in it's resplendent Helrot red.
So we're now looking in earnest for our first TT.
We've signed up for the TTOC so we can view what's for sale on here,paid the money and got an email in receipt but haven't got a membership number yet,so we'll have to be patient a little longer.

I don't hold out much hope of finding exactly what we want but you never know.

Joannes preferred combination is...Roadster...Red...Quattro...225 or 3.2...leather...18" wheels..

We've got a budget of upto £7,500 so hopefully we can find a very nice car.

Only problem with living in East Yorkshire is everything a million miles away but we're prepared to travel for the right car,and knowing our luck when looking for cars and bikes it will be in Cornwall :wink:

Both of us have yet to drive either of our preferred TT's so hopefully we're not going to be disappointed.
The reason we sold the Z3 was that it did tram-line quite fiercely and Joanne found it difficult to deal with although to her credit she did preserver for two years as she loved the look of the car.

Anyway,I'm looking forward to been able to view what's for sale here and hopefully we'll find what we're looking for within the forum.

Steve & Jo

·
Registered
83,930 Posts
Welcome all 225 and V6 TTs after 2001 came with 18in wheels full heated leather was also standard how ever half leather half alcantara was also a NCO so you should not find it to hard to find a TT to meet your spec :)

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,351 Posts
Hi Steve & Jo, Welcome to TTOC.
Service history is very important. cambelt/water pump every 65k miles or 5 years which ever comes first, dash instruments (dashpod) read correctly, coolant temp reaches 90 within a couple of miles & stays there.
Get written confirmation of cambelt/water pump change or reduce price by £500 & get it replaced ASAP.
3.2 V6 no turbo or cambelt to worry about, so should be more reliable, DSG may be weak link, unless you can find a manual.& a nicer exhaust note.
Don't rush into it. A good TT is a wonderful car, a bad un can be a money pit.
Plenty of good uns out there, but probably more bad uns, so as I said don't rush into it.
Hoggy. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts