Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since selling Mrs H's TT about 18 months ago our circumstances have changed and we are now looking to get another TT.

I have for work reasons sold my beloved Alfa Romeo Spider and bought something a bit more practical (boring)for doing the business and domestic runaround miles so we are looking also sell Mrs H's MINI Cooper S and getting something nice and convertible for her commute and our evenings/weekend fun. We have settled on a Mk II TT Roadster and have started looking around for a fairly new low mileage one with a few extras fitted.

I see heated seats don't seem to be a common option on a lot of the roadsters I have looked at was it an expensive option to specify when buying ? also full leather seems a rare option was it also expensive to specify when new.

One last question for now, is this a non standard colour and what would it have cost to as an option

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Homie said:
Well since selling Mrs H's TT about 18 months ago our circumstances have changed and we are now looking to get another TT.

I see heated seats don't seem to be a common option on a lot of the roadsters I have looked at was it an expensive option to specify when buying ?

Hi Homie

Nope, just £255 and an absolute must for the Roadster. Had them on my Mark 1 Roadster and even have them on my Mark 2 Coupe!! :lol:

also full leather seems a rare option was it also expensive to specify when new.

Yep, about £2,000 I think and you get saggy seats to boot!! I much prefer Leather / Alacantra which looks the dogs. I added extended leather pack at £365 which is a real bargain and covers instrument panel, door armrests and centre console and gives the car a real luxurious feel!! :)

As for the colour you depict, I am unsure (Scuba Blue is the only optional colour blue on the current Mark 2 range) but non standard paints are an extra £1,310 above the cost of an optional colour (£425)!! Whites, blacks and greys look good and are fairly commonplace. For exclusivity choose Volcano Red or for attention, Misano Red!! :p :wink:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I agree the half leather would probably be my first option as well although I did see a TT coupe recently with two tone leather seats and it really looked the dogs [smiley=dude.gif] .

It seems we will probably have to compromise somewhere as it looks like finding the ideal combo might be very difficult.

It was so much easier with the Mk I as lots of things were standard in most models.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Indeed, pretty much everything on my Mark 1 V6 Roadster was standard, BOSE, Red Leather seats and door inserts etc. Colored seat inserts on the Mark 2 range are part of the 'Exclusive Package' which costs £1,785! :wink:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the offer Simon but I just sold a 3.2 V6(Alfa Spider)because of the poor MPG and horrendous road tax.

It looks like we may have found one, watch this space :wink:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
moro anis said:
Good luck with your search.
I'm on my 2nd TT Mk2 roadster and love them to bits.
You can't beat topless motoring.
Cheers moro anis, I am missing not having a convertible and hopefully will have one again soon

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Homie said:
Thanks for the offer Simon but I just sold a 3.2 V6(Alfa Spider)because of the poor MPG and horrendous road tax.

It looks like we may have found one, watch this space :wink:
Looking forward to further updates in due course! :p

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well after one unsuccessful attempt to do a deal on a car (Trader just didn't seem interested :eek: ) we struck a deal over the phone to trade in the MINI by phone and headed off down to Hull to collect a TT. On arrival both parties were happy that cars were completely as described and we drove off with the car within an hour of seeing it. So our first drive in it was the 375 mile return journey from Hull to Aberdeen. :p

Pics to follow and a few more stupid questions :oops:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
moro anis said:
Is it a roadster then Homie?
It certainly is moro, it's a 1.8 TFSI. The colour is a metallic purple, it looks dark blue but when the sun catches it it looks purple. It has a few goodies like heated leather and Bose but unfortunately not cruise control, bluetooth or parking sensors, but hey you can't always have everything :p

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Nice looking car homie, yet another 1.8 TFSI owner on the Forum! Well done and not a common colour either!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts