Audi TT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Had my car three weeks and its been fine but drove her lastnight and the clutch pedal feels loose. Its like nothing is there right up until the biting point, the pedal is just loose. I know the car had a new clutch fitted a few thousand miles ago so it shouldn't really be broken..

Any ideas??Its a 2003 facelift, 1.8t 180 (6)

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Sounds like an adjustment issue , but TT clutch pedels have been known to snap :!: Sounds like it needs adjusting though as you say its had a new clutch

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
rob40 said:
Sounds like an adjustment issue , but TT clutch pedels have been known to snap :!: Sounds like it needs adjusting though as you say its had a new clutch
I hear what you say but surely the clutch and the clutch pedal are two totally separate things, so there's nothing to say that the pedal itself is on the bring of breaking - as many of them do. Obviously I hope that's not the case, but it may be.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Like i said, its more than likely the pedal needs adjustment ie , the clutch cable from the pedal to the clutch as you have had a new clutch and was not adjusted properly :?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank for the replies guys, much appreciated. Why would it be loose now though when its been fine the rest of the time? Bahhhh. I dunno. I guess i'll just have to get mechanic to look at it or something won't i :!:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
my money is on the master cylinder for the clutch they are a troublesome area , I have fitted these more times than i can count now and dont use an audi part , I use ATE half the price and totally reliable , its a much better unit In my opinion Try a search on clutch master cylinder :wink:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GT Russell, you were 100% correct on your prediction. The thing was leaking! Under warrenty thankfully so free repair this time.. Super 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts