Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per the the above ....l had a new turbo fitted in Jan .....all new sundries ...oil ...filter e.t.c
Was running grt ......over last 3 or 4 days having booted the car noticed that between 2500-3000 rpm as the turbo kicks in i have loss of power and this really loud whooshing noise ( not the stnd turbo noise when kicking in ) from the engine compartment which seems to be coming from the area of where the turbo is located ......Read through a fair few threads and im thinking is the a lose pipe-hose???
my mechanic is going to take a look tomorrow but any thoughts-advice greatly appreciated !!!
:? :? :?

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
A loud whooshing noise is quite possibly the sign of a boost leak. I have had numerous and the worst produced that sort of noise - I have also had a boost pipe pop off more than once and I easily rectified it myself - you may be able to spot the culprit if you look under the engine bay.

Charlie

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thnks Charlei ...thats what ive been thinking it is after reading through loadsa posts on here ...again today .....does it at same revs in all gears ...hopefully its nothing more than a pipe/hose thats come off.....i cant afford much more going wrong on it!!!
:( :( :(

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well took it to my mechanic mate...he found the culprit....took of the engine cover and it was the main pipe underneath the engine cover itself...it was split right near where it was connected with the grip clip...mechamic mate cut the split edge off and then reconnected with the grip clip...obviously new pipe on its way from my mechanic mate....test drove and prob completely gone but gonna get the pipe sorted anyway...anyone know what this main pipe-hose is????
:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anyone know out there what the pipe is that my mechanic found that was split when he removed the top engine cover on my TT Yesterday...im not too up with cars and can only say its the biggest thickest pipe that runs from the back/middle of the top of the engine to the right side if you looking at the engine compartment face on??
Is it a breather pipe and if so would i be better replacing with a nice new forge one?
any ideas fellow tt`ers???

:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.