Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i lost my key and have no spare!!

firstly is there an approx price for a replacement? do i have to wait long to get a replacement, ie do they have them in stock?

secondly is there likely to be much for audi to do to get into the car as its locked up?

lastly i have a key from ebay ages ago though never got it cut and programmed. does this make it cheaper?

cheers

·
Registered
292 Posts
Greg,

Your looking at £40ish for the key excluding the remote. Ive recently got one from Warrington Audi for the TT at a cost of £105 inclusive of Vat including the remote. The coding of the key is usually an hours labour (Warrington Audi charge £65 an hour)

Usually the dealers will request the vehicle to be taken to them..... :? for any lock out situation - key ordering so they can prove who you are and that your not trying to steal the vehicle.

If the vehicle is locked out totally then you will have to get an Autolocksmith out to open the vehicle-dont get the dealers to arrange this - usually add 5-6% on top of the autolocksmiths bill. Then once this has been done you can arrange for the vehicle to be taken (Flat bed - RAC, AA etc) to the Dealers for the key ordering and coding-ring them first (i didnt and they werent too happy)

I had the same situation occure on my previous car the S4. Cost me just on £400 altogether including Autolocksmith, flatbed and new key had the car back in 5 days.

Hope this helps

Lee

·
Registered
890 Posts
You poor guy ive been in your shoes your looking at £160 or £200 if you want a spare so it doesnt happen again.
First thing go into your local audi dealer and take ID some utility bills with you and your V5. They will order you a key depending on age they may be able to cut you a key there or request one from the germany headquaters. Like someone said 3-4 days.
When you get your key you need to open up the car although your alarm is still going to go off :? and call the AA or RAC to pull you on a flatback. Your car needs to go to the nearest audi dealer to have the key programmed to the car.
Goodluck

·
Registered
883 Posts
GregTT said:
cheers guys!
is it essential to have the V5 document? its in the car!!
Bad practice to keep your V5 in the car mate. :eek:

·
Registered
428 Posts
as far as i know you need it as proof of ownership.

i lost my keys last year in Whitley Bay on a Sunday. And had to be in work in Plymouth on a monday. and i dont even live in Newcastle!! Ended up leaving the car there for over 2 weeks but the key itself only took about 3 days to come.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
used my road tax reminder as id.
i keep all my docs in the car just in case i get pulled and need them.
key ordered. £150.00 and should be there in 3 days. then i got to get the car taken to audi.
until then i have a brand spanking fiesta!! lovely!! :oops:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.