Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been apparent over the last few months that there appears to be a thriving swell of new V6 owners on the forum.
Maybe peeps are realising that the V6 isn't all that bad and is a better refined ride than the point and squirt 1.8s out there.
Steve

·
Registered
850 Posts
Having owned a 225 before, the V6 doesn't really drink as much as I thought it would. If anything it's pretty much similar if not the same kinda MPG return.
Along with the V6 soundtrack, it's a definite winner! :D

·
Registered
31,647 Posts
V6RUL said:
Its been apparent over the last few months that there appears to be a thriving swell of new V6 owners on the forum.
Maybe peeps are realising that the V6 isn't all that bad and is a better refined ride than the point and squirt 1.8s out there.
Steve
Yes Steve you are right :wink:

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Wow, another gut barging thread Steve, thanks for that :lol: :roll:

Brian

(no offence James)

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
I think people are coming to realise its the engine to have in the mk 1 TT! The 1.8t for me is not good enough for this iconic beautiful machine. With the v6 the car sounds as good as it looks. :) If only they had made a v6 qs... i would be in Steve's army to.

Damien.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mk 1 TT V6 DSG............look at the value of the thing -I paid £6500 for an 04 with 56k on it and a full Audi history! :p

Where else can you get all the technology; 4wd; timeless beautiful looks with one of the best sounding V6s ever made? :p This car will be a future classic no doubt, even the 'daily rags' are catching on.....

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
TTSPORT666 said:
I think people are coming to realise its the engine to have in the mk 1 TT! The 1.8t for me is not good enough for this iconic beautiful machine. With the v6 the car sounds as good as it looks. :) If only they had made a v6 qs... i would be in Steve's army to.

Damien.
Errrrrr - nope

V6 does look good in my rear view mirror lol

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
neilc said:
TTSPORT666 said:
If only they had made a v6 qs... Damien.
Have you missed my V6 thread Damien , it can be done :wink: :D
I Know i know Neil.... :p If i was in the market now, i would honestly go for a v6 and do a qs conversion. I am disillusioned with the 1.8t, and i can not imagine going big turbo with my qs? I never bought this car for its engine, more for the qs recipe and working on the chassis. But all this v6 talk is making me think. :)

Request to Audi... please consider making a TTRS qs..... So by the time i am 50 with depreciation considered i will be able to afford one.. :p

Damien.

·
Premium Member
27,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
TTSPORT666 said:

Damien.
I would QS my baby but the red leather in the back looks, so fine, in the rear view mirror and also Matt getting smaller.. :roll:
Steve

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
V6RUL said:
TTSPORT666 said:

Damien.
I would QS my baby but the red leather in the back looks, so fine, in the rear view mirror and also Matt getting smaller.. :roll:
Steve
:lol: Nice one Steve.. class remark.....waiting for Mat's comeback. :p

Damien.

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
V6RUL said:
TTSPORT666 said:

Damien.
Steve
Oh, yes I forgot. Potentially if you want to spend 35 grand on a V6 you may be able to break a 14 second quarter mile - but with promise of more to come.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts