Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

If I leave my car a day or so and come to start it cold I hear a loud buzz which lasts about 1-1.5 seconds, almost like a fan hitting a semi-hard plastic pipe. If I turn the engine off and start it again it does not do it. It does not do it every time :roll:

It appears to come from deep in the dash, sometimes sounds central but more often noise appears to be from driver side. I don't think it's in the engine bay. If it is it is from the very back of the bay but defo sounds like deep in the dash.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you,

Scotty.

·
Registered
16,948 Posts
My Stereo (early chorus with bose ) makes a similar sort of noise on switch on :?

Mark

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Mark,

I doubt very much it is the bose as mine is switched off when I start the engine. It is more physical/mechanical.

It's similar to a rasping sound. Wind on a piece of flappy plastic :? :roll: :? :roll:

Scotty.

·
Registered
16,948 Posts
Early TT's have a secondary air pump to help will emissions on start up . It runs for a short period of time , it could be this pump making the noise :?

Mark

·
Registered
116 Posts
Scotty225 said:
Hi All,

If I leave my car a day or so and come to start it cold I hear a loud buzz which lasts about 1-1.5 seconds, almost like a fan hitting a semi-hard plastic pipe. If I turn the engine off and start it again it does not do it. It does not do it every time :roll:

It appears to come from deep in the dash, sometimes sounds central but more often noise appears to be from driver side. I don't think it's in the engine bay. If it is it is from the very back of the bay but defo sounds like deep in the dash.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you,

Scotty.
PM sent mate.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I have the same problem, from cold makes a loud vibrating noise for a split second deep inside the dash or at least it sounds as if it is coming from there, then it goes away, if I start the car again when driven for a while it doesn't make the noise.?

I am leaving the car into the stealers next week to have the free recall done on the ignition coils, should I ask them to check it out or am I just asking for trouble with a capital TT...on second thoughts I will ask them to let me know what they think it is and let you know what they say anyway.

p.s. still worth checking the Audi Dealer to see if your car is eligible for the recall on the coils. I have just got the car and called with a general inquiry and when they checked the registration they let me know It was eligible, car is 2002 1.8 225 quattro.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.