Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo all,
Had the 40mm Apex springs and 20mm rear 15mm front spacers fitted today and i must say im rather happy with the results 8)

Cat joined in too..

Also had a bucket with shampoo so i could give the wheels a good clean inside :lol:

20mm Rear spacers

Also found out i had a snapped spring, front drivers side... :oops:

New wheels bolts and new locking nuts, bonus :p

All done, im sure they will settle a bit after time

Overall im VERY happy with the drop and space, i can feel the road a lot more bumps feel better slightly stiffer, corners or much more aggresive and now i have a slight rattle issue somewhere im going to have to find haha! Thanks to Charlie @ Vagmeistter for sorting the springs so quickly 8)

whats next....?!

Charles

·
Registered
822 Posts
Charlesuk said:
Yo all,
Had the 40mm Apex springs and 20mm rear 15mm front spacers fitted today and i must say im rather happy with the results 8)

Cat joined in too..

Also had a bucket with shampoo so i could give the wheels a good clean inside :lol:

20mm Rear spacers

Also found out i had a snapped spring, front drivers side... :oops:

New wheels bolts and new locking nuts, bonus :p

All done, im sure they will settle a bit after time

Overall im VERY happy with the drop and space, i can feel the road a lot more bumps feel better slightly stiffer, corners or much more aggresive and now i have a slight rattle issue somewhere im going to have to find haha! Thanks to Charlie @ Vagmeistter for sorting the springs so quickly 8)

whats next....?!

Charles
Give it a couple of weeks driving time and they will settle and a few mm lower 8)

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a few mm lower? for real?

im happy where it is but if it drops a little more then thats a bonus, mine is the pre facelift one so it was like a boat.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Why do people quote all the images when they're the first to reply to a thread?! :evil:

Look good mate, really sets the car off nicely. Was it you who told me you'd PM me about something to do with getting the roof wrapped black? Really love that look.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Looks good that does :p

as said will drop a little more over the next few weeks as it settles in... garth has the same springs fitted and sits a touch lower than yours so take a look at his thread to get an idea of where it will sit :)

Interesting that you removed the whole hub :lol:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeh its been me aobut the vinyl, i remember posting once saying if you do go and get it done pm me first so i can tell you a few things to say the guy whos going to do it, like exactly where to cut it :) theres a few bits on mine i wish they had done very slightly different!

Removed the hub? im no mechanic i just let the mechanic get em on... i take it it can be done without doing this?

thanks for the comments guys, starting the get it where i want it now :roll:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
That looks great. I've just fitted the same spacers to my pre facelift and was still pondering whether to take the plunge with Apex springs. I have to say the drop looks just about right and it doesn't look like you have any camber issues either.

When I spoke to the TT Shop about this they said it was really a bit of a lottery whether you will need adjustable tie bars so I suppose it's a case of sucking and see. Very nice mod though.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Charlesuk said:
Removed the hub? im no mechanic i just let the mechanic get em on... i take it it can be done without doing this?
Yep can be done without removing the whole hub, the only reason the whole hub would have to come off is if you were doing a wheel bearing change :lol:

To remove the shock you have to undo 3 nuts/bolts compress spring slightly then push/whack out the bottom off the hub... Removing the whole hub with shock still connected is another way just a bit longer than needed imo as everything else has to be disconnected then you need new hub nuts etc putting cost up.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for the comments guys (n gals) 8)

jamman said:
Brendanb86 said:
Why do people quote all the images when they're the first to reply to a thread?! :evil:
+1 :lol:

Car looks great Apex are a great value for money option.
cheers man, i was VERY unsure if i was going to be happy with the 40mm... but when my mechanic said we need to jack up the car to get it of the 4 poster i was :p :p :p

higsta said:
Looks really good.
You don't look like you have a lot of camber going on at the rear either.
Is it a bit of a lottery as to wether you need the adjustable tie bars or not?
ill post a pic up later so you can see the camber, if im honest there is very slight camber. ive never been one for camber, but when its this subtle its kinda nice!

readerj001 said:
That looks great. I've just fitted the same spacers to my pre facelift and was still pondering whether to take the plunge with Apex springs. I have to say the drop looks just about right and it doesn't look like you have any camber issues either.

When I spoke to the TT Shop about this they said it was really a bit of a lottery whether you will need adjustable tie bars so I suppose it's a case of sucking and see. Very nice mod though.
mate can i see a pic or 2 of your tt on spacers with no low? ive had my spacers for months but never put them on because i didnt want it to look like a roller skate? :evil: but i can reccomend these springs from charlie, for the price there 10/10. i was going to get coilys but i didnt want MASSIVE issues over bumps. my mrs has just bought a new house and theres a stupid sized bump to get in... i did say i will only drop it 40mm but if i still cant get over then im not driving to yours anymore..... luckily i can literally just get over it

pic is bad quality (used instagram to try and brighten it up a tad) but i had to test it out last night when she wasnt there :lol:

Jay-225 said:
Charlesuk said:
Yep can be done without removing the whole hub, the only reason the whole hub would have to come off is if you were doing a wheel bearing change :lol:

To remove the shock you have to undo 3 nuts/bolts compress spring slightly then push/whack out the bottom off the hub... Removing the whole hub with shock still connected is another way just a bit longer than needed imo as everything else has to be disconnected then you need new hub nuts etc putting cost up.
ill let him know, possibly could have saved him some time! 8)

one thing i do have to add about the spacers... i love tyre slick, i have to have my tyres as black as my wheels and before i had the spacers the excess tyre slick would flick of IN the wheel arch.... but now its all over the rear bumper.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
[/quote]
mate can i see a pic or 2 of your tt on spacers with no low? ive had my spacers for months but never put them on because i didnt want it to look like a roller skate? :evil: but i can recommend these springs from charlie, for the price there 10/10. i was going to get coilys but i didnt want MASSIVE issues over bumps. my mrs has just bought a new house and theres a stupid sized bump to get in... i did say i will only drop it 40mm but if i still cant get over then im not driving to yours anymore..... luckily i can literally just get over it
[/quote]

I took loads of pics whilst I was fitting the spacers but can't seem to find them. I've found a couple taken recently that show the ride height and another which (just) show how the rear wheel fills the arch a little better (still a country mile from top of tyre to arch though). I only have standard 17" x 6 spoke wheels which tbh I don't want to change to 18" cos I quite like them but I'm hoping it'll look ok after the change. Definitely think I'll take a punt and go for this mod and hope I don't fall foul of the tie bar issue as I'm not keen on adding another £200-300 to the bill just to get the car looking a little racier.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i think mine are 17" too. yeh 100% think you should slap on the apex 40mm's will make a huge difference, and i think you'll have the same amount of camber as me.. really really minimal.

·
Registered
19,084 Posts
Brendanb86 said:

Look good mate, really sets the car off nicely. Was it you who told me you'd PM me about something to do with getting the roof wrapped black? Really love that look.
thinking the same brendan........car looks a lot better op, glad it is what you wanted.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
right its time to ask, what does "op" stand for... ive been trying the figure it out for a while now.

Brendanb86 said:
scroll scroll scroll baby...

Gazzer said:
thinking the same brendan........car looks a lot better op, glad it is what you wanted.
thank you bud :)

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 26 Posts