Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie,

Hi I'm a current MK4 Golf owner with a Audi S3 AMK lump tucked up under my bonnet but I'm bored of it...

Been to look at a 2000 W Audi TTR over the weekend.. I'm looking at swapping a lot of bits that are on my Golf over to a TTR.. I'm just wondering about the suspension set up for a TTR, I want to lower it by a lot but still be able to go over speed bumps. I will be running 19" alloys. What's a good coilover kit & do I need Eibach anti roll bars & is the KW Adjustable Tie Bars up to the job!!!

Many thanks

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Hello mate - alot of people have gone for the koni coilover kit...

I've got Eibachs alone - 25mm drop.

It is said that you'll need tie bars when lowering (However, in cases of springs alone this isnt always the case). But with coilovers you will need tiebars...

HTH

Suraj

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I have had Koni coilover and now have KW v2's, the Koni's where good but the KW's are better IMO, I have drioven a TT with V3's which again where better than the V2's, I think they where better setup which is what I want done to mine :?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys for your help... Stub I think V2's would be enough for me as I've seen friends spending forever trying to set up V3's and never be truly happy with it all. What else did you need to buy to get your stance??? Do you need to worry about the roll bars like you do on a Golf MK4!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Dellboy said:
Cheers guys for your help... Stub I think V2's would be enough for me as I've seen friends spending forever trying to set up V3's and never be truly happy with it all.
V3's really need to be set-up by professionals to get the best out of them and even V2's can benefit from the same expertise.

Try Darren at G-Works who has just fitted some new Club Sports to his R32. :)

Alan W

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Dellboy said:
Cheers guys for your help... Stub I think V2's would be enough for me as I've seen friends spending forever trying to set up V3's and never be truly happy with it all. What else did you need to buy to get your stance??? Do you need to worry about the roll bars like you do on a Golf MK4!
My setup is KWV2's, R32 roll bars, defcon, 25mm spacers back, 15 mm spacers front, oh and my super comps with GSD3's, this setup holds the roads very well and doesn’t bottom out, I think it could be a tad lower and would like to get someone to go over the setup.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers Damian,

Whats a good set up for a TTR not going into the mega money area I want it lower than 30mm if poss & will be running 19" on 225/35 on it.. I had a set of Fk once they were so soft when you chucked it into corners the front valence would scuff....Then I change to Bilsteins but they are to hard.

·
Registered
90 Posts
i have got weitec coilovers on my 2001 ttr . i got them from dpm . it sits nice and low and the ride is great but i also fitted defcon 2 bushes, r32 arb and adjustible tie bars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.