Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a V6 and im Still considering the options of getting mine lowered with some new wheels....

this maybe a stupid question but could I add 19inch alloys to the V6, keeping the standard suspension set up as im happy with the ride. This could kill two birds with one stone, getting new wheels and giving the appearance of lowering the car as the would be less wheel arch gap??

Any lowering expertise appreciated.....

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
96,589 Posts
Hi Slingy, To keep the rolling radius the same with 19" wheels/tyres, the profile (tyre wall) will have to be smaller, so tyre/arch gap will remain much the same. So no real improvement looks wise, & ride will probably suffer.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
slingy said:
cheers hoggy.... so you have to keep the rolling radius the same?.....what would be the problems with a slight increase??? :?
Slight increase, maybe nothing, but to increse enough to give the appearance of being lowered, 20-40mm, then you'll really throw off your speedo and probably give the haldex issues too as i believe it senses wheel rotation speed too.

Much simpler to slap on a set of loweringsprings.

cheers.

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
96,589 Posts
Hi slingy, What size 19" tyre where you thinking of fitting. 225.35.19 would be correct.. 225.40.19 would be 24mm greater diam. Rubbing may be a prob, but gearing & speedo reading will be affected.
Hoggy. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.